|Position: Speech Language Pathologist
Report to: Director of SPED
Salary Range: Based on experience and qualifications
Hours per Week: 40
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued and known by the content of their character.
SPED Speech Language Pathologist Will:
Speech Language Pathologists at SkyView Academy serve students who have met criteria to receive special education services, primarily across grades 6-12. Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge of speech, language and social language development, behavior management within the context of the general education and special education classroom, consultation, and developmental needs of school aged children and adolescents. Additionally, candidates are responsible for assessing and providing research based intervention to students with communication impairments. The SLP must work collaboratively to design Individual Education Programs that implement evidence based differentiated and innovative instruction to support academic growth, positive social relationships, functional communication, and positive behavior for learning to promote educational access. Further, applicants should have demonstrated effective case management skills; effective written and oral communication skills; the ability to establish and maintain effective cooperative relationships with school personnel, students, and parents; demonstrated understanding and empathy necessary for working with students and their families; demonstrated ability and desire to function as a team member.
- Minimum of a Masters in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Science Disorders from an accredited college
- Colorado School Speech Language Pathologist License
Preferred that the SLP have a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
- Passion for developing a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
- Collaborative mindset
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, solid decision-making and well-developed management skills
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs
- Accessible with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
- Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community