Spiritual Formation & Worship Pastor
Job Title: Spiritual Formation and Worship Pastor
Status: Full-Time | Salaried
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Date Prepared: March 2021
The Spiritual Formation and Worship Pastor comprises various responsibilities in two specific areas of
1. The Spiritual Formation Pastor is responsible to equip, empower, and release teams to create and implement a comprehensive Spiritual Formation Ministry that provides a clear pathway to help everyone at Pinecrest become everything God created them to be from the first visit (Connections), to engaging in Spirit-led community (Groups), learning to be more like Christ (Discipleship), becoming active members within the church (Membership), and living Missional Lives.
2. The Worship Pastor is responsible to equip, empower and release teams to create and implement a Worship environment that enables everyone at Pinecrest to become everything God created them to be by connecting with God through worship during corporate events and in their daily lives.
Spiritual Formation Pastor Responsibilities
1. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model and system for Connections Ministry that helps new visitors learn about the church values, methods, and mission and create contact points to help them stay engaged in grow in their involvement within the church (from their first time visit through membership within the church). The primary goal of the Connections Ministry is to help people move from visitors to attenders to members and disciples. This includes Welcome Team, Visitor Follow-Up, Membership, and Hospitality Teams.
2. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model and system for Groups Ministry that focuses on helping people join a Group, be actively engaged in a Group (attendance, participation, serving), and grow spiritually through the Group system. The primary goal of Groups Ministry is to help people develop Community within the body of Christ.
3. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model and system for Discipleship Ministry that equips and teaches people Biblical Truth, Doctrine/Theology, and Spiritual Life Skills (Spiritual Habits, Spiritual Giftings, Life Stage training). This educational process should include a growth track from beginner to intermediate, and advanced level courses in the three areas lists above. The primary goal of Discipleship Ministry is to help people learn the basic and more advanced aspects of Scripture, theology, and the application of both into daily life (creating mature disciples).
4. Provide strategic and visionary leadership for all aspects of the above ministries that support the overall vision and mission of the church with an emphasis on developing mature disciples of Christ who living Missional Lives at home, at work, in the community, and in the world.
5. Develop leaders to oversee both Connections, Groups, and Discipleship Ministries including recruiting, training, encouraging, equipping, and releasing people and teams to perform ministry in these areas.
6. Invest in the lives of ministry leaders, volunteers, Group Leaders, Coaches, and teachers by building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and encourage leaders to do the same with those on their team and in their groups.
7. Provide training for all levels of team leadership including new Group leaders, Coaches, Teachers, and Connections leads and volunteers.
8. Oversee and steward the Spiritual Formations Ministry budgets. Ensure that financial procedures are followed by everyone in your area of responsibility.
9. Serve as the primary Spiritual Formations leader and communicator for the church. Communicate the vision for Connections, Groups, and Discipleship in varying ways and methods.
10. Serve as the primary coordinator between community ministries (i.e. Food Pantry) and the staff, PLC and Elder leadership teams.
11. Provide Pastoral Care for the church body; including: Managing Compassion Requests, Hospital Visitation, Counseling Triage and Referrals. As this ministry need continues to grow, build and equip a Pastoral Care Team to handle the day-to-day functions of Pastoral Care.
12. Participate in staff meetings, creative meetings, and leadership retreats as required to provide evaluation and feedback to the Leadership Teams.
13. Connect with other local Spiritual Formation, Group, and/or Discipleship leaders and ministries on a regular basis to build relationships, collaboration, and to encourage and support one another.
14. Continue to learn, develop, and keep up to date on current Spiritual Formation ministry trends and personal leadership developments through online, on-campus, and/or personal continuing education and training pursuits.
15. Participate in staff, PLC (our deacon board) and Elder Meetings as necessary to provide insight, direction, and input for the direction and vision of the church as it relates to and impacts the Spiritual Formation Ministry.
Worship Pastor Responsibilities
1. Build, maintain, and grow a team leadership model for Worship Ministry that includes the Worship Team(s); Audio Systems; Lighting Systems; Video Systems; and Online Streaming Systems.
2. Provide strategic and visionary leadership for all aspects of the Worship Ministries that support the overall vision and mission of the church with an emphasis on creating daily worshippers of God.
3. Invest in the lives of ministry leaders and volunteers by building relationships with them in the most effective way possible and encourage leaders to do the same with those on their team.
4. Assist in the production of creative elements for the church (including but not limited to stage design, signage, social media, video production, other creative and graphical elements as necessary).
5. Oversee and steward the Worship Ministry budget. Ensure that financial procedures are followed by everyone in your area of responsibility.
6. Serve as the primary Worship Leader and communicator for the church. Communicate the vision for Worship Ministry in varying ways and methods.
7. Meet with the Lead Pastor (or whoever is scheduled to teach) on a weekly basis to plan and prepare for the upcoming Sunday service. Provide insight, creative input, and counsel regarding the message, the worship songs, and the service as a whole.
8. Lead Worship as the primary worship leader on a weekly basis but give opportunities for members of the team to lead worship as often as possible to develop their skills and giftings.
9. Lead weekly Worship Team practices in preparation for upcoming weekend Services and manage the scheduling of the worship team through Planning Center.
10. Identify and audition new worship team members (vocal, musical, technical) on a regular basis to continue to build the team and provide opportunities for church members to actively participate in the Worship Ministry.
11. Connect with other local Worship leaders on a regular basis to build relationships, collaboration, and to encourage and support one another.
12. Continue to learn, develop, and keep up to date on current Worship ministry trends and personal leadership developments through online, on-campus, and/or personal continuing education and training pursuits.
13. Participate in Staff, PLC and Elder Meetings as necessary to provide insight, direction, and input for the direction and vision of the church as it relates to and impacts the Worship Ministry.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus first, your spouse second, your family third, and ministry fourth.
2. Engage in personal spiritual development including the spiritual disciplines of prayer, personal Bible study, silence, fasting, submission, service, confession and worship.
3. Embrace and support the vision, mission, values, and ministry plumb lines of Pinecrest Community Church.
4. Protect and preserve the unity of the church body.
5. Be an active and relationally engaged member of the Pinecrest family, including regular participation in a Group and Sunday attendance.
6. Invest and invite the lost know Jesus, connect with God, connect at Pinecrest, and grow spiritually.