Accounting and Bookkeeping
Bright & Associates, LLC is nationwide CPA firm focusing exclusively on ministries and churches. We are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join the team in assisting the clients we serve. All of our clients use QuickBooks Online and other cloud-based software, such as Bill.com so proficiency in those programs is desired. This flexible role provides the opportunity for working remotely while regularly collaborating with a missionally focused team of CPAs and Accountants. Great opportunity for someone looking to serve non-profits with unlimited growth potential.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact for clients related to their accounting matters
- Prepare records, financial statements, and additional reports.
- Financial modeling, forecasting and budgeting
- Record financial transactions including A/P, A/R, and credit card transactions for clients
- Reconcile GL and ensure accurate reporting for client management and Boards
- Assist with client month and year-end closes including write-ups, audit preparation, and federal / state filing needs
- Assess accuracy and completeness of reports and conformance to reporting standards.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment, while being able to contribute to team efforts as needed.
- Information analysis
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in payroll, monthly bank reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
- Ability to take ownership of job responsibilities
- Understanding of Biblical stewardship
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Bill.com programs a plus
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Accounting: 1+ year(s)
- Bachelors in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Range based on experience and skill.
Benefits: Competitive PTO, 401k match, profit sharing, medical benefits, 11 paid holidays, and flexible schedule in a remote work-from-home environment.To Apply: Taylor Derrick, Taylor@thebrightcpa.com