Youth and Children's Ministry
Student and Young Adult Minister
Vision and Mission of Cornerstone Church
Our mission: In order to align ourselves with the Great Commission recorded in Matthew 28:18-20, this Church will be committed to an outward focus by placing the needs of those who are not yet followers of Christ ahead of the needs of those who are. We summarize the idea this way, “Another for Christ at any cost to us!”
Our vision: To exalt Christ by making disciples who transform our community and the nations with the power of God’s word, and the life changing message of the gospel; to make disciples of Christ who make disciples of Christ.
Our means: The means of making devoted followers of Christ at Cornerstone are by establishing and maintaining gospel-centered Worship, Outreach, Relationships and Discipleship.
As a member of our Staff leadership team, the Youth Pastor will help our church families disciple the youth and young adults, while discipling them in order that they achieve spiritual growth. While rooted in building relationships with junior high and high school students, an emphasis will be on equipping parents as the main disciplers of their own children. We want to develop a discipling process that helps young people grow consistently as disciples and leaders.
Supervision and Accountability
- Responsible to the Lead Pastor
- Must attend weekly staff meetings
- Meet with Lead pastor for Quarterly planning
- A yearly interview with elders
- Born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
- Demonstrates faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim.3.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to serve teens and young adults
- Possesses an undergraduate degree from a Bible or Christian liberal arts college with a degree in Theology, Christian Education, Youth Ministry, or Young Adult Ministry.
- Possesses good judgment and initiative as an independent leader.
- Possesses a passion for evangelism and outreach, particularly campus ministry in community schools.
- Possesses knowledge and skill in the principles of Christian ministry.
- Sensitive to needs and pressures of teens and young adults, with knowledge of possible
- Possesses ability to respond to changing needs during a weekly schedule.
- Subscribe to the Constitution, doctrinal statement, and vision of Cornerstone Church.
- Attend & participate in staff meetings
- Overseeing, growing and coordinating teen and young adult ministries.
- Recruit, train, and empower lay leaders (parents and adults) for the ministries.
- Designing, overseeing, examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
- Leading middle and high school students in their spiritual growth.
- Lead in transitioning high school students into the next life-stage, either college, career or military futures.
- Interacting with students during weekend gatherings.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents and fostering partnership with parents/guardians.
- Promoting, sharing ministry plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christlike approach and lifestyle, praying regularly for the young people of the church and community.
- Incorporating teens into various church ministries for the Lord’s use.
- Discipling students to grow in their knowledge of God and his word.
Commensurate with Education/Experience within Mission Northeast (Venture Church Network)
Please Submit Resume via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo Apply: email@example.com