Youth and Children's Ministry
Student Ministries Director
Student Ministries Director
Sanctuary Christian Fellowship is a Student Ministries Director looking to make an impact in the Englewood and Cherry Hills Village area. The right person will have the passion, experience, and creativity necessary to build a small youth group (2-3 students) into a meaningful ministry that disciples students for Jesus. This is an opportunity to develop a youth ministry capable of changing lives for the Kingdom of God.
Disciple students (6th grade through 12th grade) of Sanctuary Christian Fellowship to be fully devoted disciples of Jesus, who disciple others.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The responsibilities and expectations of this role should include, but not be limited to, the following: discipleship, team-building, and programming.
- Invite students into a fresh, sustained life with Jesus Christ and the Church by engaging them through creative avenues that meet students where they are.
- Equip students to know and live the truth of the Christian faith through historical, spiritual disciplines, the study of Scripture, and practical Christian living.
- Empower students to be active in the church and their communities through acts of service and relationship, commissioning them to lead initiatives and participate in local and global engagement.
- Identify and mentor “at-risk” students and those who show promise of leadership.
- Partner with others (SCF staff, parents, and volunteers) to effectively plan, organize, and lead the student ministry.
- Assess, develop, and grow the existing ministry to the middle and high school students according to the church’s overall vision and mission.
- Develop a relevant ministry to Englewood High School students.
- Demonstrate a mature and growing Christian faith.
- Indicate a minimum of 1 year in student ministry leadership and provide references.
- Evidence of a passion for working with middle and high school students.
- Possess mature administrative skills needed to carry out the responsibilities and expectations.
- Display a creative approach to student ministry.
- Commit to SCF as your home church and cooperate with its statement of faith.
- Show fluency with social media platforms, everyday technologies, and programs/apps.
- Pass a background check.
- A college or seminary degree in Bible, student ministry, youth and family ministries, or Christian ministry is preferred.
- This role is accountable to the Lead Pastor and, by extension, the Sanctuary Elder Board.
- $20,000-30,000 a year (part-time/20hr a week).
- Two weeks of vacation (gone two Sundays a year).
- Ministry expenses covered.
- $200 annual personal development allowance.
- Send cover letter/resume, and answers to the following questions to: email@example.com
- Briefly describe your philosophy and methodology for Student Ministries.
- What part(s) of the job description resonates or energizes you?
- What part(s) of the job description do you think will sap your energy?
- What is your conflict resolution style?
- What are your ministerial career aspirations?