Youth and Children's Ministry
Student Ministries Director – Grace Chapel Wilmington Campus
We are looking for a positive, energetic individual to lead student ministry at our Wilmington Campus. Central to the vitality of this campus is a vibrant, growing and growth-producing student ministry that reaches out to and makes disciples of middle and high school students both inside and outside of the church. If you love students, enjoy building community, can lead a dedicated volunteer team well, and have a desire to share Christ and make disciples of young people, this could be the role for you!
This is a full-time, exempt role at the Wilmington Campus reporting directly to the Campus Pastor.
Meet Grace Chapel:
Grace Chapel is a non-denominational, multicultural church that welcomes everyone, no matter what your faith background or where you are on your spiritual journey. Our mission is simple – discovering life with God for the good of the world. We are fully committed and passionate about helping people find and follow Jesus.
We’ve been around for quite a while – since 1948 in fact, when four families in Lexington, Massachusetts met weekly in a home for a time of worship, Bible study, and prayer. These families had a heart and vision for reaching and serving people in the growing western suburbs of Boston. Since we incorporated in 1956, we’ve grown from a few dozen people in a rented space in Lexington to 4,000 people coming together for Sunday services and midweek programs across five campuses in Lexington, Wilmington, Watertown, East Lexington, and Foxboro, and online. The Wilmington Campus has 750 people in its congregation – learn more at www.grace.org/wilmington.
Our worship services are casual, contemporary, and upbeat and we offer great programs for middle school and high school students at all our locations. Learn more about Grace Chapel at www.grace.org and about Student Ministry at www.grace.org/students/.
The Role Will:
In this role you will have overall responsibility for Student Ministry at the Wilmington Campus, including direct leadership of the High School ministry and oversight of the Middle School ministry. The role includes:
• Supervising the Middle School Director (a 30 hour/week staff member) and college interns as they become available.
• Recruiting, developing, training, and leading a strong team of qualified and committed volunteer leaders.
• Collaborating with parents to derive support, encouragement, and ministry feedback.
• Participating as a member of the Wilmington Campus Team to integrate student ministry into the life of the Wilmington congregation.
• Working collaboratively with Student Ministry staff from the other campuses to create a consistent and well-integrated student ministry environment across Grace Chapel. This includes designing, planning, and executing weekly gatherings, discipleship and leadership development opportunities, periodic retreats, and cross-cultural learning experiences.
• Transitioning and assimilating students from Children’s Ministry into MS ministry, then into HS Ministry and post high-school life.
• Providing organizational leadership and accountability for student ministry planning, budgeting, etc.
• Functioning as a member of the entire Ministry Staff team at Grace Chapel with regular staff meetings and periodic participation in church-wide initiatives.
What You Bring:
Leader and Influencer: A gifted and energetic team-builder and inspirational leader, who can effectively recruit, develop, and equip a team of volunteer leaders, and effectively grow a healthy student ministry.
Team Player: Someone who is energized by the unique opportunities afforded by serving on a large church staff and collaborating in a multi-campus environment with a multi-campus Student Ministry staff.
Pastor/Shepherd: A love and passion for high school and middle school students and their parents. A call to see students’ lives transformed into Christ-likeness and a desire to create authentic community. Strong relational skills.
Outreach: A passion to reach students who are far from Christ and share the gospel in ways that are relevant to their lives.
Communicator: The ability to teach and communicate effectively with students and parents in multiple settings.
Education & Experience:
You should be experienced in Student Ministry either as a long-term volunteer or paid staff member. A continuous learner with a strong theological and Biblical foundation that enables you to apply Biblical truth to the lives of students in age-appropriate and culturally relevant ways. An advanced theological degree is preferred.
• A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Energetic with a strong desire to be part of a local church ministry team.
• Strong skills in oral and written communication and problem solving.
• Able to organize, pay close attention to details and manage a variety of tasks.
• Proactive, flexible, and able to adapt to last-minute developments typical of church ministry.
What We Offer:
Salaries at Grace Chapel are competitive for churches in this area. In addition, our benefit plans reflect our commitment to the health and welfare of our staff members and their families and are an important component of our compensation package. We offer generous health and dental insurance plans, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, three weeks of paid vacation per calendar year, nine paid holidays per year, ten paid sick days per year, and a generous retirement program.
These benefits are just the start. We also offer opportunities to learn and grow professionally, a fun work environment, a community that fosters inclusivity and diversity, and a team of co-workers who are committed and passionate about helping people find and follow Jesus.To Apply: Submit your current resume via this link: https://gracechapel.applytojob.com/apply/UmSQWBkHvv/Student-Ministries-Director-Grace-Chapel