Youth and Children's Ministry
Student Ministries Pastor
Berean Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible, consisting of both the Old and New Testament Scriptures in their entirety, is the only divinely inspired, inerrant, objectively true, and authoritative, written Word of God, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice. The divine inspiration of Scripture extends to each word of the original manuscript but not to the various copies or translations of Scripture. The Bible should be interpreted literally, grammatically, contextually, and historically. Genesis 1-3; Deuteronomy 29:29; John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Corinthians 2:13.
GOD THE FATHER
We believe in only one God, the Creator, who is infinite, personal, eternally existing in three persons, revealed to us in Scripture as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10, 44:6 & 45:22; Matthew 28:19; John 4:24 & 5:26; Colossians 1:16-19; 1 Corinthians 8:4.
We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son who has neither beginning nor ending. He was conceived in the flesh by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is fully God and fully man. Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and arose bodily on the third day. He ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father as our only mediator, high priest, and advocate. Matthew 1:23-25; John 1:1 & 14:3; Acts 4:12; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 & 20; Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 Peter 2:22.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
We believe the Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Trinity. He is a person, not a force. The Holy Spirit’s ministries include convicting all people of sin; calling, regenerating, indwelling, and baptizing believers into the Body of Christ; setting them apart to a holy life; and teaching, keeping and empowering them day by day. The Holy Spirit distributes spiritual gifts to each believer according to His will. God in His sovereignty still works in miraculous ways; however, we understand that the sign gifts have served their purpose and should not be expected in the church today. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8, 5:3-4 & 16:7-14; 1 Corinthians 2:9-12, 3:16, 12:3-13, 12:28-31 & 13:8-11; Galatians 5:16-25; Ephesians 1:13-14, 5:18; Hebrews 2:3-4.
THE HUMAN RACE
We believe that both man and woman were created in the image of God to enjoy a personal relationship with Him. As a result of deliberate disobedience, they fell from their sinless state, and they and all their descendants became sinners. Consequently, they cannot save themselves and apart from the grace of God in Jesus Christ, they are condemned to a place of eternal torment. Genesis 1:26-27 & 2:7; Matthew 5:20-48; John 3:16-18; Romans 2:6-16, 5:12-21 & 6:23; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-9; Revelation 20:13-15.
We believe we are saved solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ alone. This salvation was purchased by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ for the sins of every person and is offered to everyone as a free gift. The person who has trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior is eternally secure and can enjoy the assurance of salvation. We believe that at death believers enter eternal glory and that unbelievers enter eternal torment. Acts 16:31 & 20:20-21; Romans 3:28 & 10:9; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; John 1:12, 3:16 & 10:28; Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 1:6.
We believe that every believer has been sanctified, set apart with a perfect standing before God. As we yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit, we will experience spiritual growth in holiness, but we will not experience perfection in conduct. Future rewards are determined by our obedience to the Lord. Hebrews 10:10; Philippians 3:12; Romans 6:13-19; 1 Corinthians 3:8.
We believe that Christ is the Head of the Church, which is His body. All who have trusted in Him as Savior are members of it. Christians should commit themselves to worship, instruction, fellowship, stewardship, and service in a local church. The church is responsible to represent Jesus Christ in the world through Godly living and evangelism. All believers are commanded to participate in two church ordinances, believers’ baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 26:26-29 & 28:18-20; Acts 2:42; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:19-22, 3:6-10, 4:11-13 & 5:23-27; 1 Thessalonians 2:14; Hebrews 10:25; 1 Peter 2:9-10; 1 John 4:17.
We believe that Satan was created an angelic being. He became the author of sin, our adversary and accuser, and the great deceiver of the nations. He will finally be overcome by the Lord Jesus Christ and suffer eternal punishment in the lake of fire. Genesis 3:1; Job1:6-12; Matthew 4:3-11; John 8:44; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 3:8 & 5:19; Revelation 12:9-10 & 20:10.
We believe, on a day known only by God the Father, Jesus will rapture His church to deliver it from the judgments that God will pour upon the earth. After this terrible period, the Lord Jesus Christ will return in glory to establish His Millennial Kingdom on the earth. This will be followed by the final judgment of the wicked in the lake of fire and eternal bliss for God’s children in a new heaven and a new earth. John 14:3; Acts 1:7 & 11; Romans 8:1; 1 Corinthians 15:20 & 23; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Philippians 1:23; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 11:15 & 19:11 – 21:5.
Mitchell Berean Student Ministries Pastor
MBC Vision Statement: We are a church on mission to raise up disciple makers who share the gospel where we live, work, and play.
The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and oversight for the 6th – 12th grade students that attend Mitchell Berean, as well as the College and Young Adult groups ages 18-30 y/o, in alignment with the mission, core values and philosophy of ministry of Mitchell Berean Church. This includes volunteer recruitment and development, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving youth and young adult services and periodic special events.
- The individual is a “born again” believer in Christ and has a consistent, growing walk with the Lord.
- The individual endorses the MBC and Berean Fellowship constitutions.
- The individual has the conviction, passion, and giftedness to equip and lead. (Ephesians 4:12, John 13:5)
- The individual feels God’s call upon his life for this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of interns and volunteer leaders to provide a comprehensive program for Jr. High, High School, and Young adult students at MBC.
- Create and cast vision for Jr. High, High School and Young Adult Ministry at MBC consistent with our philosophy, mission, and core values.
- Communicate the vision and purpose of ministry to the students, parents, and young adults.
- Recruit, train, and maintain an impactful team of volunteer leaders who run the Student Ministry at MBC.
- Develop a team-based ministry structure for Jr. High, High School, and College Age students.
- Prepare and oversee the budget for all ministries under this position.
- Apply and implement standards to ensure youth’s safety and to meet requirements of the law.
- Oversee “HIS HILL”, the MBC sponsored Christian Campus Club at Western Nebraska Community College.
- Plan, program, and run weekly programing for Jr High, High School, and College Age Students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Profile of a Student Ministries Pastor
We desire to find a person for this position who will fit the overall philosophy of ministry, vision, and church culture of Mitchell Berean Church. We believe the following characteristics best define the kind of person we are looking for:
- Demonstrates a dynamic relationship with Christ as evidenced by a life of integrity and a lifestyle of prayer, worship, discipleship, and service.
- Demonstrates balance in life (family, work, rest, recreation).
- Demonstrates emotional health and stability.
- Has a clear command of Biblical doctrine.
- Has a clear Biblical philosophy of overall ministry and local church body life (see MBC philosophy of ministry).
- Able to work with a broad spectrum of people in a healthy and productive way.
- Ability to work in a large multi-staff church.
- Believes in a team approach to leadership and service.
- Is able to build and shepherd teams within his ministry area.
- Understands his/her role as primarily one of equipping people for ministry.
- Agrees with and able to carry out the MBC philosophy of ministry.
- Knows that God has gifted him/her and given him/her the passion to serve in the local church.
- Has the full support of family (spouse and kids) for taking this position.
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org