Youth and Children's Ministry
The student pastor at The Crossing will, first and foremost, be passionate about discipling students. They will be a leader of leaders, driven to build teams of servants, led by servant leaders, who care for and disciple the students in the ministry. They will bring a vision to the student ministry and have the leadership aptitude to turn that vision into strategic action. The student pastor will create and implement strategies that will lead to (1) more students meeting, knowing, and following Jesus, and (2) more students making an impact for Christ in their school and community. This individual should be leadership-focused, relationally-driven, team-oriented, budget conscious and highly self-motivated. This position calls for an individual who can communicate and cast vision in such a way that inspires others to join in that pursuit.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Student Pastor
1. Lead and organize effective programs for students that combine fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
2. Recruit, train, and shepherd all student ministry volunteers.
3. Plan and execute services for students that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy.
4. Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events, activities, and teaching within the ministry.
5. Integrate the mission and vision of (Church) into student ministry goals and activities.
6. Be an active presence in local high schools with periodic visits engage students at school.
7. Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach initiatives.
8. Cast vision for, teach, and plan retreats and camps with music, messages, games, and activities that inspire students to learn about God.
9. Assist in developing the annual student ministry budget and responsible stewardship of the budget.
10.Serve as a member of the pastoral staff by performing and participating in baptism services, funerals, etc. as related to the needs of students.
11. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on a regular, individual basis.
12.Maintain contact with students and parents to keep them informed of events and activities and maintain a ministry strategy that encourages involvement.
13.Collaborate with other pastoral staff to support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles and duties.
1. Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a teachable spirit.
2. A love and passion for young people, evangelism, and outreach.
3. Willingness to relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
4. A self-motivated leader capable of creating and executing a long-term vision.
5. Strong strategic planning and administrative skills.
6. Excellent relational skills to communicate with students and parents.
7. A working knowledge of creative programming for student programs and events.
Professional Qualifications (Preferred, However Not Required)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Bible/Theology/Youth Ministry or equivalent ministry experience
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of ministry with a proven track record of facilitating growth and development. Additionally, they will have developed volunteer teams and will be able to hit the ground running in building and expanding the student ministry.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2860To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2860