Youth and Children's Ministry
Grace Pointe Church is a multisite non-denominational church located in Naperville, IL and Plainfield, IL, which are suburbs of Chicago. The church is led by Lead Pastor Dan Painter, who was recently named the Lead Pastor after holding several different positions over the past 20 years at the church. Grace Pointe currently sees around 500 people in-person Sunday mornings at their Naperville campus, with another 300 that attend their Plainfield campus. The Naperville campus offers three identical services on Sunday mornings with a modern style of worship.
Grace Pointe serves a unique culture that has an extremely high focus and priority on families. Naperville is currently ranked the top place in the country to raise a family as they boast incredible school systems and after school programs, low crime rate, economic growth and affordability. This means the church has the difficult task of reaching very busy people that have a high set of expectations when it comes to programming for their kids or themselves of any kind. Grace Pointe has taken this challenge on and excels in their outreach programs and high expectations for excellence in everything they do, particularly on Sunday mornings for worship and throughout the week for family ministries.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Student Pastor to oversee the student ministry at the Naperville campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
Embrace and Embody Grace Pointe’s Vision, Mission, and Values
- Define and articulate a vision for the Student Ministry that aligns with the overall vision of the church.
- Commitment to continual spiritual growth in your relationship with Christ.
- Be coached by your direct report and demonstrate progress.
- Collaborate with your counterpart on the Plainfield campus.
- Be a team player amongst the other staff.
Strategically Partner and Communicate with Parents
- Use social media, monthly newsletters, and other means of communicating to inform parents of upcoming events and other information about the Student Ministry.
- Demonstrate wisdom in navigating crisis situations that come up with students and their families.
- Adjust how the Student Ministry partners with parents when necessary.
Teach and Foster a Healthy Christ-Centered Culture
- Oversee programming, promotion, resourcing and execution of weekly student services, summer camps, and annual retreats.
- Lead the teaching ministry for both Middle School and High School.
- Developing and/or acquisition of relevant, developmentally appropriate, Gospel-based curriculum that is easily executable.
- Availability to assist other staff members with upcoming events or projects.
Recruit, Develop and Empower Leaders
- Identify and recruit key leaders, providing them with training & leadership opportunities, helping them to advance through the spiritual journey.
- Recruiting and leading students in a student leadership track.
- Provide materials and assistance in training student ministries staff & volunteers.
- A calling to pastoral ministry, particularly in serving with students.
- Excellent communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, relational, and enthusiastic personality.
- Strong spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Excellent creative abilities.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (using social media platforms for marketing events and connecting with students).
- A bachelor’s degree in a relative field is preferred, though not required.
- At least one to two years of experience in leading a student ministry and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
Reports to: Discipleship Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/gpstudents.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.