Summer Academy Teacher
The Summer Academy Teaching Position with Save Our Youth Mentoring gives you an opportunity to impact underserved youth by building relationships and connecting them to a meaningful and enjoyable educational experience.
Looking for three enthusiastic and motivated educators, with a sincere interest in relationship and skill-building, and a strong Christian faith.
Save Our Youth provides a Summer Academy to provide additional support to youth beyond a mentor. Students work on Math, Language Arts, Science, and Life Skills. Energy and motivation of the site teachers and interns are essential to the success of the Summer Academies.
- Lead students in grades 6-12 through all daily classes.
- Support the spiritual and emotional development of all students.
- Monitor students’ academic progress during online Math curriculum time.
- Support interns who oversee groups of students.
- Teach Pre-Designed Curriculum.
- Positive Classroom Management and problem-solving.
- Lead Team-Building activities.
Summer Academy Logistics
- 1 week of training, June 13-17
- 5 weeks with students, June 20-July 22
- 3 teachers run 3 academies across the Denver metro area
- 2 interns per site to support teacher and build relationships with students
- 7:45-8:00 Staff arrival to prepare for students
- 8:00-8:30 Breakfast
- 8:30-9:30 Math (Edgenuity)
- 9:30-9:45 Break
- 9:45-10:15 Devotional/Spiritual Lesson
- 10:15-11:15 Life Skills
- 11:15-12:15 Literacy
- 12:15-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-1:45 STEM
- 1:45-2:00 Cleanup
- 2:00 Students Dismissed
- 2:00-2:15 Site Staff Debrief/Problem Solving
Benefits of Involvement
- $3500 stipend
- Build rapport with a smaller group of students to help them find more self-confidence and hope for their futures.
- Continued practice resolving conflict, deescalating situations, and meeting students where they are.
- Experience building relationships with students of different races, cultures, and socio-economic statuses.
- Hear from local experienced urban non-profit professionals as they address the cultural nuances of urban youth culture.
- Assist in the professional development of two college-age interns.
- Enjoy continuing to be around youth during the summer and helping them be better prepared for the following school year.
- Add professional connections.
Learn More About
- The nonprofit world
- Leadership development
- One-on-one mentoring
- Academic remediation
To Apply: Contact Don Kerns (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more or apply here: https://jobs.gusto.com/postings/save-our-youth-summer-academy-teacher-30868f4f-a517-4dc3-a1fd-69b0893c83cb/applicants/new