Summer Camp Counselor
Eagle Lake Camps
Salary/Range: $275/biweekly + food and housing
Colorado Springs, CO
WHO We Are
The goal of Eagle Lake Camps is to inspire Christ-centered love and commitment through counselor relationships in the midst of exciting, outdoor experiences.
We have opportunities for 2022 Summer Staff at our Overnight Camps and our Traveling Day Camps (On Location)
WHAT Eagle Lake Counselors Do
– Engage and lead campers in high-energy physical games and activities (i.e.archery, kayaking, and capture the flag).
– Prepare for and lead campers in daily Bible study and teach them what it looks like to spend time with God.
– Consistently seek opportunities to minister to and encourage campers in their relationship with the Lord.
– Be on time for all meetings, meals, and scheduled rotations, while being flexible to any last-minute changes that are assigned by leadership staff.
– Prepare throughout the week and come ready for an in-depth discussion in staff Bible study.
WHAT Our Day Camp On Location Program Is
Day Camp On Location (DCOL) is Eagle Lake’s largest program! This program is perfect for you if you love the idea of bringing the fun of camp to communities across the United States. More than that, you’re flexible and excited to build meaningful relationships with your team, your campers, and the churches you visit. As a DCOL counselor, you’ll be responsible for providing Christ-centered leadership and guidance for campers, upholding camp policies,and facilitating fun, high-energy games and activities.
WHO We’re Looking For
– YOU KNOW JESUS. You have a consistent walk with the Lord and you’re excited to model and share your faith with your campers and fellow staff.
– YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF. You have practical, working knowledge of the Bible and a readiness to share it.
– YOU PLAY NICE. You know you’re a valuable asset to the Eagle Lake (REZ)ident team and you also value the contribution of your peers.You believe the best in your fellow staff, you stand in unity with your fellow staff, and you talk to, not about your fellow staff.
– YOU DON’T CONFUSE HIGH ENERGY WITH ENTHUSIASM. Not that high energy is bad,but you recognize true, contagious enthusiasm moves past high energy and into passion and authenticity. And you use this distinction as you engage with your campers and fellow staff.
– YOU’RE TEACHABLE. You’re ready and willing to learn and grow. You receive correction and direction from leadership with grace and understanding. You’re also willing to offer constructive criticism when it’s necessary.
– YOU’RE ADAPTABLE. You’re quick to bounce back and think of creative solutions when challenges arise. Even more, you’re able to adjust to new or unexpected conditions, changing schedules, and unknowns, and modify your plans or expectations.
Legal Job Requirements
– You’re 18 years old or older (or will be by May of 2021).
– You believe in and are willing to adhere to the Statement of Faith of The Navigators.
– You can pass a background check.
– You can legally work in the United States.
– You’re CPR/First Aid certified or you’re willing to get certified before the summer.
WHAT We Offer
-Housing and food will be provided during the duration of your summer employment.
– A salary of $275/bi-weekly.
– 24 hours off per week.
– Approachable leadership who are always available to encourage you, challenge you,or help you discuss camp issues.
– A summer filled with contagious fun, encouraging community, and personal and professional growth.To Apply: Andrew Brown - 719-265-7059 - email@example.com