Youth and Children's Ministry
Sunday Grade School Teacher
The Sacred Grace Englewood Overview
The Sacred Grace is a family of Parish Churches. A Parish Church is one that takes spiritual and social responsibility for the community in which it is located. The Sacred Grace Englewood has been fully engaged in and caring for the City of Englewood, CO since 2016.
We are a new and growing church, seeking to create a place for people to explore God, whether they are new to the idea, familiar with faith, or perhaps rediscovering God and the church all over again.
In both our hiring and leadership development we are seeking qualified and caring leaders from all walks of life. We would love to continue to increase the number of women, BIPOC, multi-lingual staff and leadership in our church as this will reflect and represent both our neighborhood and values.
Grade School Teacher Job Overview
The Grade School Teacher is responsible for the spiritual care and instruction of kids in grades 2-5 during our weekly Worship Gathering.
The children in our church represent a wide range of ethnicities, backgrounds, and cultures. It is important to us that our staff represent and reflect that diversity whenever possible.
We have paid staff in each classroom to create a more consistent experience for children, parents, and volunteers. The class size varies from 5-10 kids. The teacher is partnered with a background-checked volunteer from the church.
- Care of Children
- Ensure that the classroom and content is conducive to providing children a safe, positive and inclusive experience.
- Classroom Administration
- Ensure all supplies for the classroom are purchased and present.
- Communication with volunteers regarding classroom activities and curriculum content.
- Curriculum Development & Preparation
- Prepare and teach a lesson plan based on a curriculum chosen or created by the teacher.
- Parent & Family Support
- Present at the Sign-In/Sign-Out table to be able to connect with children, families and volunteers.
- Occasional support and communication to parents and kids via text, email, and postcards.
Schedule & Details
- One-year commitment minimum, ideally beginning in October 2021.
- Sundays: 10-11:45AM 1.75 hours per week
- Curriculum Preparation: 1.5 hours per week
- Communication with Families and Volunteers: 1 hour per week
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
4 paid Sundays off per year. Additional unpaid dates off may be available for personal needs.
- Compensation: $4500 annual, paid monthly