Audio and Visual
Denver Christian School
Salary/Range: $45,000 - $60,000
The main duty of the Technical Director is to provide technical expertise and oversight to daily operations that relate to AVL equipment use and operation throughout the campus. This position will also include components of business management, facilities management, instruction/teaching, and hands on work with the audio, video, lighting and IT systems as related to the performance and school assembly systems and spaces.
- Overseeing the audio and visual and lighting production processes.
- Manage technical staff/teams (combination of employees, students and contractors) in execution of programs.
- Design, set up and operation of audio, video, and lighting systems/equipment for performances and presentations.
- Provide technical support for productions, programs, and events
- Support of and involvement in scheduling and renting the relevant spaces, equipment, and technical staff.
- Coordination with other stakeholders to oversee the completion of projects and ensure that all technical needs can be met.
- Provide accurate equipment costs and setup time estimates.
- Track and report use of facility resources and personnel expenses.
- General maintenance of technical systems.
- Work with students, teachers, and staff to educate personnel on proper use of technical systems.
- Teach and integrate students in all aspects of production, including, audio, video, lighting, and rigging operations as well as setup, tear down, and changeover.
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure that implemented systems are supported and maintained.
- Develop cooperative and supportive relationships with users and renters of facilities.
- Support campus wide AVL systems.