TeVeo House Overnight Staff (female only)
|Title of Position||Te Veo House Overnight Staff (Female only)|
Supervisor: Te Veo House Director
Hours: Evening and Overnight Hours; occasional weekend duty and holiday duty
Salary: Complementary Housing (Private bedroom, shared bathroom & dining/living areas)
Start Date: February 2021
Required Meeting Attendance:
- Weekly Te Veo House Staff Meetings
To provide overnight coverage of Te Veo House, a short-term transitional house for women seeking assistance in leaving homelessness who are experiencing issues such as past trauma, mental health problems, and/or addictions. Providing safety and security for (up to) 10 women during late evening, nighttime, and early morning. To be a servant leader in the house.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overnight support for residents of Te Veo House. The person in this position is encouraged to sleep during the night, but be available to residents in case of an emergency in the evening and overnight.
- Model responsible standards regarding work, dating, other relationships, finances, and personal conduct
- Manage and facilitate crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Attend weekly Te Veo housing meetings to offer feedback concerning residents
- Inter-personal problems should be handled according to Matthew 18. Ministry problems should be talked through with the staff, and then brought to the ODM Program Director if no resolution can be obtained.
- The person hired for this position will be expected to work some weekends and holidays, and be on a rotation with other staff to work major holidays
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Previous residential experience a plus
- Training in trauma, addiction and/or mental health issues preferred
- Lead in being a heartfelt team member of the Open Door Ministries
- Show evidence of a daily walk with Christ
- Cover those in your area of leadership in prayer.
- Show respect for the leadership and members of Open Door Fellowship & Westside Church Internacional
- Exhibit professionalism and integrity
- Able to be a part of a learning, supportive team in pilot project mode
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work environment is indoors with some outside activity
- This job involves sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs
- This job involves moving up to 10 pounds