Clinical Therapist (Part-Time)
- Are you an active licensed professional counselor (LPC), marriage and family therapist (LMFT), or candidate working toward licensure, in Colorado?
- Do you want to join a growing private practice with a great location in South Denver and/or Lone Tree that’s already set up for online teletherapy?
- Are you looking for a supportive place to work part-time and continue doing what you love and have experience doing?
- Do you want to work as an independent contractor and have control of your schedule (10+ hours) and earnings?
My Denver Therapy is looking for a talented, motivated Licensed counselor or candidate to join our growing private practice.
After years of successfully working with our clients and expanding our practice, we’re ready to add the right licensed therapist to our team. We receive many inbound requests and referrals for therapy from people looking for specific types of therapy that we offer, including EMDR and faith-based counseling. Now that we’ve continued to grow, we’re looking for someone with the right skills and experience to add to our team.
We believe that working with a skilled therapist can be life-changing for our clients. We specialize in helping our clients, which includes individuals, teens, couples, and families, work through trauma using different therapeutic modalities, including DBT, IFS, EMDR, and more. Our private pay-only clients and referrals come to our office from throughout the Denver area, and we care about providing our best to each one of them.
We’re looking for a talented, dependable, motivated counselor/therapist with an entrepreneurial spirit who is licensed in Colorado and wants to be part of our team as a part-time independent contractor (1099). Whether you’re already working a few hours at another practice, looking to transition to private practice, trying to establish a “home” office instead of subletting, or wanting autonomy over your schedule to work with your life schedule, we’re looking for a talented individual to join our practice and be a successful, long-term member of the team.
We provide comfortable, professional office space, scheduling and billing software, and all of the administrative things you need to be successful, including your own @mydenvertherapy.com email address. We’ll help you get started with clients through our website, referrals, and relationships we’ve built in the Denver area, but we also expect you to build your own clientele by being exceptional at what you do.
Most of our new clients come from referrals, and as a practice, we see over 70 clients per week. It’ll likely take 3-6 months to build your client base, and we’ll support you in getting there. Because this person is such an important member of our team, we’re being highly selective and only interviewing licensed or registered therapists who are looking for a part-time schedule (5-10 clients/week) that could one day grow to a full-time (20+ clients/week) schedule if desired.
Please be sure to include your phone number, email address, cover letter and a complete resume’ when applying.
Type of Employment: 1099 employment (15+ client hours/week)
Office Locations: South Denver, CO Lone Tree, CO (teletherapy available during time of COVID-19)
Compensation: Starting at 60% of collected fees (typically amounts to $45-$60/client hour).
License Required: Active and unrestricted professional licensure as a Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Candidacy, in good standing.
Qualifications: Experience providing psychotherapy to adults, teens, adolescents, or couples. References required.
- EMDR training
- Experience in and a passion for treating trauma
- Specialized training in trauma modalities such as EMDR and DBT
- Some existing clients or private practice experience
- Client-centered approach to psychotherapy
- Desire to work with individuals, teens, families, and/or couples
- Training and understanding in multicultural competence
- Like any 1099 position, you’re responsible for paying your own taxes.
- We’ll provide training on our billing platform (Simple Practice), but some level of computer savvy is required.
- We are looking for a clinician who wants to work part-time hours (may grow in the future, if desired).
- We are private-pay only and don’t accept insurance.
- We receive referrals from local churches and faith-based organizations, and many of our clients are often in search of a Christian counselor.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $45.00 – $60.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday, Weekends available if desired
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place