Title One Teacher
The part-time Title I Teacher at JFA Lowry will work with students under current grade level to bring them up to grade level in reading and math, using i-Ready data.
Our Teachers must be sensitive to the cultural differences among the students, families, and Third Way Center staff and respond appropriately to these differences. The Third Way mission is to provide a continuum of services where at-risk youth can work through their traumas and learn to take responsibility for their actions and lives to become productive members of society.
Our teachers are active members of the school and treatment team that carry out our programmatic goals as well as work with the youth on their own educational goals. Teacher’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Meet with students for 30-40 minute lessons
- Pre and post test all students
- Provide targeted instruction for students that are below grade level in reading and/ or math
- Collect and submit student data for Title 1 reports
- Communicate progress and needs of student
- Create individual lesson plans for each student or small group
- Create progress reports for students quarterly
- Work closely with classroom teachers to coordinate lessons
- Attend weekly team meetings to collaborate with classroom teachers
- Read/ review daily updates from the houses
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to create short and long term goals for each student each semester
- Attend inservice trainings, if related
- Coordinates and collaborates with teachers to meet remedial/ enrichment needs of students
Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study related to the work assignment.
The candidate must also possess a current valid Colorado driver’s license, have a clean driving record (no DUI/DWAI in the last five years) and criminal record, be at least 22 years of age and be able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification.To Apply: email@example.com