Volunteer Advancement Coordinator,
FAITH IN DEED STAFF – JOB DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEERS IN ACTION Job Title: Faith In Deed Advancement Coordinator Reports To: VIA Director Hours: 24-40 hours per week (flexible)
SUMMARY: This Faith in Deed position recruits, equips, mobilizes and matches Christian volunteers to engage in supportive relationships with people in our communities needing assistance. This position joins the VIA team in promoting VIA’s mission to serve the community by equipping and enabling Christian volunteers and churches to be Christ’s transforming presence.
1) Screens and evaluates referrals received and matches appropriate people with volunteers. Develops and maintains good working relationships with community service agencies and case workers. Connects individuals referred with local churches when appropriate. Maintains orderly and accurate client and volunteer data base and prepares appropriate reports, maintains monthly communication via email to encourage the volunteer base and gather their volunteer hours for reporting.
2) Head up Volunteer Training and Education for Faith in Deed program. Develop a plan for this with the VIA team and oversee carrying this out.
3) Oversee the volunteers of the Heart Connections program at Rowan Community.
4) Depending on skills and experience of this staff, expand VIA’s Social Media outreach for volunteers, and also develop a Tele-Volunteer Program.
5) Provides information and community resources for calls for assistance that VIA receives that are appropriate for community referral.
6) Participates actively in team meetings and other functions in order to enhance the overall mission of the agency and functioning of the staff team.
7) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Committed Christian with a heart for promoting the mission and values of VIA.
2) BA degree in human services, education, social or equivalent related experience.
3) Ability to relate well with others and comfortable speaking in front of groups to share about VIA and the need for volunteers.
4) Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
5) Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word. Knowledge of or willingness to learn Salesforce and social media apps to promote VIA’s mission.
6) Independent, self-initiating worker able to manage a variety of activitiesTo Apply: Donn Hansum, firstname.lastname@example.org 303-713-9144