Hospitality (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
Volunteer Host Couple
QuietWaters Ministries’ mission is to renew, restore, and strengthen Christian leaders and their families. Whether a pastor, missionary or other Christian leader is on sabbatical, in a crisis, struggling with addiction, needing help with their marriage, or having conflicts within the church, QuietWaters is here to help. Intensives strengthen the heart of the Christian leader, their family relationships, and their ministry calling and capacity.
We need 10 new host couples to join the QuietWaters team in 2022.
The Host Couple’s responsibilities are to create a warm, hospitable environment for clients, provide for their physical comfort (including meals), light housekeeping, and comfortable surroundings to support the Retreat Center ministry in Parker, CO. Host Couples stay in the master suite of QuietWaters Retreat Center for one- or two-week stays.
The main responsibilities are listed below.
- Be yourselves! You will bless our clients simply through your love, grace and hospitality. Your loving marriage, balanced lifestyle, and authentic relationship with Christ may have more of an impact that you know.
- Pray for your guests and their counselors.
- Make sure the Retreat Center is ready for clients’ arrival.
- Greet clients upon arrival and assist them with their luggage. Give them a tour and orient them to the Retreat Center.
- Prepare and serve meals. A menu is provided to assist with this! Facilitate conversation at meals as needed. Answer questions about what to do and see in the area.
- Clean up after meals and generally keep the kitchen clean and organized. Keep the general living areas picked up.
- Create a good atmosphere for clients throughout the week.
- Be sensitive about when to engage with clients and when to allow them solitude and privacy. Be aware of the difference between your role as a Host and the counselors’ role.
- Make sure there are enough clean kitchen and hot tub/pool towels.
- Wash client sheets at the end of intensives and in the middle of two-week intensives if requested. Place a clean set of sheets on each bed for the cleaning crew to remake beds.
- Fill out a maintenance request form if there are any maintenance concerns and leave on the clipboard for the maintenance person to check once a week (Wednesday).
- If needed, buy a few groceries or supplies. (The bulk of grocery shopping will be done by a volunteer before you arrive, but fill-in trips for a missing item, fresh produce, or dietary accommodations may be necessary once or twice during a week).
- Uphold confidentiality, social media privacy and peace seekers covenant.
Thank you for considering using your gifts of hospitality and service. We are in need of 10 new Host Couples in 2022 to serve and care for our Retreat Center clients. Contact us today or fill out an application online by clicking the link below and we will follow-up with you.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or https://tinyurl.com/QWVolunteerApplication