Audio and Visual
Web Development Generalist
Join our Web & Technology Department to support our teams, mission partners and staff as Praying Pelican Missions connects the local church with mission teams for life-changing experiences! Remote and/or hybrid work environment acceptable. Workers located in proximity to our business office in Minneapolis, MN will experience a hybrid of home/office work.
This position will support a rapidly growing organization with opportunity for career growth. Attractive benefit package provided.
Opportunities for domestic and international travel to the mission field. Visit our website at ppm.org to view the many locations where we serve!
To apply, please visit: https://prayingpelicanmissions.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35
The primary responsibility of the Web Development Generalist is to design, build, and modify websites and applications according to Praying Pelican Missions’ needs. The Web Development Generalist will create functional and visually appealing features, sites and applications that feature user-friendly design, clear navigation, and are future driven.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage regularly with stakeholders and executive management with opportunities to apply expertise to many interesting technical problems. Gather specifications and requirements based on need.
- Communicate consistently with supervisor and department team members.
- Build, maintain, expand, and scale applications within every entry point.
- Self-manage and meet deadlines in a self-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of UI, UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web, and mobile functions and standards.
- Demonstrate up-to-date on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities while also adapting to older technologies.
- Demonstrate experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Demonstrate deep expertise and hands-on experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap and Angular.
- Demonstrate deep functional knowledge or hands-on experience with Object-Oriented Programming; is needed to be successful in this position.
- Demonstrate strong grasp of security principles, session management, and database management.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants might be asked to provide a portfolio of working websites and applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPER SKILLS
Google Cloud Platform, Android Programming, iOS Programming, Google Maps, AR/VR
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Two-to-four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General understanding of, or experience in missions/ministry environment beneficial.
ANNUAL TIME DELEGATIONS (ESTIMATE)
- 4 weeks paid vacation/personal time off (annualized)
- 2 weeks paid Holidays
- 3 weeks at staff meetings, reunions, training (requires travel)
- 1 week (or more) serving as mission staff in a missions location (requires travel)
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, instruction manuals, application specifications, etc. Fluent spoken and written English required.
Ability to create written instructions and general correspondence, and to respond to a broad range of inquiries from staff and/or supervisors. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of staff. Ability to communicate technical information, in written and oral format to non-technical staff. Ability to remain calm under pressure with non-technical staff.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply logical steps when problem-solving. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to meet the scheduling requirements of the position including, but not limited to, work overtime as necessary, travel 5% of the time and possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines. Reflect principles of Christianity, with a heart for the world.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, and to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Self-paced requiring flexibility, the ability to work independently, to work quickly and efficiently, and at times in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
PPM MISSION STATEMENT: “PPM exists to build up, encourage, and assist the local Church in reaching and serving their communities for Christ.”
DISTINCTIVE OBJECTIVES OF PPM:
- GENUINE PARTNERSHIPS
- We believe in the local Church. This is our mission base. Each team is partnered alongside local ministries to encourage and assist them in serving their communities.
- LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPS
- Our heart is to be wholly invested in the communities we serve. Your team will have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with local churches and ministries by serving alongside them throughout the week.
- SUSTAINABLE MINISTRY
- We remain under the authority and direction of the local Church to ensure each mission trip has a lasting impact. Our fully customized approach aligns your team’s gifts with the needs and initiatives of local ministries.
- GUIDING VISION
- PPM exists to build up, encourage, and assist the local Church in serving and reaching their communities for Christ. As an interdenominational ministry, we seek to celebrate the variety of the Church while leveraging what binds us together as followers of Jesus Christ. There is no more powerful example of God’s love to a community than when His people come together to serve and advance the Gospel, all in the name of Jesus.