Youth and Children's Ministry
West Campus Student Ministry Director
Flatirons Community Church meets at five locations around Denver and is committed to bring the awesome life of Christ to people in a lost and broken world. The West Campus Student Ministry Director is responsible for supporting that vision by the development, and execution of middle school and high school ministries at the West Campus, located in Golden, CO. The primary initiative of this role is to support the volunteer base while valuing and reaching students and their families in our community. This role includes weekend and evening hours.
- Submits their life to God and the authority of His Word.
- Understands and supports Flatiron’s vision and values; uses vision to filter decisions
- Embraces key values integral to Flatirons staff culture: integrity, honor, mission.
- Exemplifies qualities core to Flatirons DNA: humility, vulnerability, authenticity, humor.
- Willing to take calculated risks or try unconventional ideas to yield impactful results.
- Committed to continual growth: spiritual, personal, professional; invests in the growth of others.
- Is a relational team-player and uses humor to connect with people.
- Passionate about Student Ministries.
- 2 years minimum experience in Student Ministry or related experience which includes leading middle school and high school students, recruiting and leading volunteers, experience teaching, and/or managing people.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop, equip, and mobilize volunteers.
- Skilled with technology and social media.
- Supports all aspects of student programming (Games, Worship, Small Groups, Teaching etc.).
- Recruits, trains, schedules, and develops volunteers.
- Builds relationships with volunteers–provides care, support and shows appreciation.
- Assists with administrative tasks and needs of the ministry – credit card reports, emails, communication with parents, -tracking attendance, etc.
- Supports school and community outreach to engage with and recruit students.
- Works with broader Student Ministry team to plan and execute camp experiences for Flatirons Students across all campuses.
- Coordinate and assists with community outreach (e.g. food drive) and other ministry events.
- Works with the broader West team on campus initiatives, as needed.