Winter Intern (Jan 2022-May 2022)
Winter Internship Position – Any location – Starting January 2021
Cornerstone Christian Counseling offers counseling for individuals, couples, families, adolescents and children. We have six locations throughout the greater Denver-metro area – Westminster, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Centennial, Castle Rock and Colorado Springs – and students are able to see clients out of all our locations, in addition to working with clients online.
At Cornerstone Christian Counseling we hold to a Christian worldview, which matters because what a counselor believes (whether or not this is made overt) impacts the way they counsel. In addition to this, we also strive for clinical excellence. We believe that God has given us the ability to study and implement clinical practices that have been proven to be effective in helping people heal, grow, and thrive.
Cornerstone offers unpaid practicum and internship opportunities at three different start dates throughout the year: the fall, spring and summer semesters. Program details are as follows:
- Internship students:
Commitment for an internship student is for a full academic year (2 semesters):
- First and second semesters: 12-14 hours per week
- ~8 client hours per week (need 10 hours available)
- ~4 supervisory/training hours per week
- Group hours: Cornerstone provides some opportunities to co-facilitate a group, though this is not guaranteed.
Because our Practicum and Internship Program is highly competitive, we are looking for students who…
- Can attend weekly Group Supervision. All Cornerstone staff and students meet weekly on Wednesday from 9-11 a.m. via Zoom. Attendance is required.
- Can attend weekly Individual Supervision and/or trainings. Additional (and required) individual supervision meetings and trainings with our Internship Director will be scheduled at other times throughout the week; time and date will be determined with your Supervisor once your program begins.
- Manage your time well. It is imperative you are punctual, reliable and timely.
- Be available one or two consistent evenings each week (until 9 p.m.) or one day/evening and one Saturday. (Practicum students need to be available for one; Internship students: two)
- Be willing to see a portion of your caseload online, and remain flexible in regards to in-person or online work throughout the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have a private, professional, virtual home office that you are comfortable working from when seeing clients online.
Some of the benefits of working with our team include:
- Control over your work schedule
- Fully furnished, comfortable offices and waiting rooms
- A secure, HIPAA-compliant Zoom account
- A secure, HIPAA-compliant EHR account
- Weekly continuing education and training opportunities
- Full-time office support staff to help you with any and all administrative tasks
- Marketing support to help you grow and maintain your caseload
- Group and individual malpractice coverage
- Regular team building events
- Ministry and volunteer opportunities
Here at Cornerstone Christian Counseling, our ultimate goal is to take care of all the business-related details in order to free you up to do what you’re going to school to learn how to do: see clients! In return, we ask that you only apply for this position if you see it as a “dream” opportunity. Some (though not all) of our internships do turn into opportunities for employment, and as such, we are looking for folks who are excited to be a part of our team for the long haul, and honored to be used as a conduit by Jesus to help others heal, grow, and thrive.
If this sounds like something you’d love to be part of, we would love to talk with you further! Please see application deadlines and links below for more info.
If you’d like to learn a bit more about us, visit our web page at www.christiancounselingco.com. All applicants must agree to our statement of faith, found on our website.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org