Worship Arts Director of Pastor
Worship Arts Pastor or Ministry Director
Contact: Jimmy Scruggs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Worship Arts Director or Worship Arts Pastor
Teams: Programming and Production Team; Ministry Planning Team
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Crossroads Worship Arts Director (or Pastor) will be a person of God who develops and leads staff and volunteer artists to produce welcoming and engaging worship experiences. This leader will be a skilled musician with extensive programming and leadership skills, able to mobilize creative volunteers and work collaboratively with a technical director to lead the church in transformational worship experiences. This team member will be responsible for the leadership, planning and supervision of all worship, music and technical arts for the programs and weekend services of Crossroads Church
Job Responsibilities by Roles:
- Music Director
- Build and manage the song repertoire.
- Develop and care for teams of vocalists, instrumentalists and worship leaders.
- Direct rehearsals and live production.
- Write, transcribe, arrange and produce charts, tracks and lyric cues used in services and special events.
- Lead worship for services and other gatherings such as funerals/memorials and special programs.
- Establish and maintain a fun culture of creative planning and artistic excellence.
- Function as the programming director, planning services with a creative team and providing resources to all musicians and the tech arts director in a timely manner.
- Lead production meetings and service runs-through.
- Coordinate all the elements of the service, including the music, audio-visual media (via the tech director) and use of stage and room.
- In collaboration with the tech director, manage the flow of services as they happen, including transitions, introductions, cues, scene changes and direction for audio-visual.
- Plan and direct special services, including but not limited to, Christmas, Easter and special events.
- Integration of audio, visual media and physical environment design:
- In collaboration with the tech director, guide audio personnel and provide creative direction for the successful implementation of the program via audio.
- Provide creative direction for screen support, collaborating and working directly with the communications director and technical director.
- In collaboration with the tech director, provide vision and creative direction for set and stage design and build.
- Maintain licenses for legal use of copyrights.
- Maintain file storage and retrieval systems.
- Collaborate creatively with the technical director on all video pieces used in services or online.
Administration and Leadership
- Lead, manage and hold accountable the technical director and future professional and volunteer staff.
- Write and manage the budget.
- Superintend the function and quality of all aspects of the Crossroads auditorium space.
- Partner with the tech director to oversee all aspects of set-up and teardown.
- Effectively use tools: Google Drive, Slack, Trello, CCB, Traction, Ableton or its equivalent, Adobe creative suite and others.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The ideal candidate will have several years of proven experience: programming artistic worship experiences for the gathered church, developing and leading excellent music programs, integrating vision, and developing and caring for teams of artistic volunteers.
He or she will be a strong communicator and performer, able to lead and connect across diverse groups in a church setting.
He or she should be a highly relational, genuine and collaborative leader, working alongside the high capacity lay and staff leaders of the church.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is necessary. Graduate studies in theology, the arts, or leadership are a bonus. Spanish language skills are a bonus.To Apply: Jimmy Scruggs - email@example.com