Denomination: Christian Church (Restoration Movement)
Weekly Attendance: 1,153
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
The Role: Worship Director
Meet Plainfield Christian Church:
Our purpose at Plainfield Christian Church is to love all people to new life in Christ. We do this by:
Loving God Through Faithful Worship. We value coming together as followers of God for the purpose of expressing our love and devotion through corporate worship. Each Sunday, we gather to give God our best through song, preaching of the Word, communion, and giving of our offerings in fellowship with the Father and with each other.
Growing Deeper in God’s Word and in Fellowship with His People. We know that we grow closer to God as we get closer with a smaller group of believers and dig into the Word of God together. We facilitate this at Plainfield Christian Church through Home Groups and EquipU (an online learning experience).
Serving One Another in Love. We recognize that we are each designed with a purpose and that life is best lived the more we put others first. At Plainfield Christian Church, we desire for every member to have a place to serve others and serve God.
Reaching Lost People Around Us and Around the World. We know that all people matter to God and, therefore, we want to be active in reaching those who have yet to discover Him, whether that be across the world or next door.
About the Worship Director: The Worship Director role is one of leadership and hands-on creation of meaningful worship experiences for the church. This role will provide leadership for the Worship Arts Team and the Worship Leading Teams. They will supervise and direct the Worship Leaders and the Technical Arts Coordinator and be responsible for strategy and budgeting. The Worship Arts Team will plan all worship elements. Casting vision for Worship Arts and aligning PCC’s core values with what happens in the worship services are critical components of this position.
The Worship Director Will:
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight of all aspects of the Worship Arts Team and Worship Leading Teams. These areas of leadership include worship planning, worship team membership, worship team rehearsals, and worship service leadership.
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight of the Technical Arts director. This includes providing direction on live production in all venues (sound, staging, video, and lights).
- Establish and implement short-range and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures, and vision to enhance the operation and quality of the Worship Arts Team and Worship Leading Teams.
- Be a pastor for all worship team members.
- Coordinate with the preaching/teaching team to translate the message theme to services and will communicate logistics of services back to the teaching team.
- Oversee and advise on all areas of music, worship operations, and technical arts budgets.
- Stay current and maintain a high level of knowledge of new practices and art forms that could better lead people from our culture in worship.
- Oversee planning and strategy for off-Sunday morning in-house programs (music, drama, etc.) to help fulfill our vision, mission, and core value of Loving God through faithful worship.
- Oversee planning and strategy for bringing in outside groups (music, drama, etc.) to help fulfill our vision, mission, and core value of Loving God through faithful worship.
- Handle any other duties assigned by the Senior Minister or Executive Minister.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a related Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of organizational structure, ministries, workflow, and operating procedures as they pertain to Worship Arts needs.
- Perceptive and technical with the ability to modify musical arrangements to fit the desired purpose and musician’s skills and in selecting the appropriate key to achieve optimal worship participation and impact.
- Thinks strategically with the ability to develop corresponding actionable plans and can manage projects to successful results.
- Ability to provide overall worship ministry leadership and vision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, and coordinate work tasks and projects.
- Fluency in all artistic mediums (music, drama, visual arts, technical arts) with strong proficiency in music.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other staff in an effort to foster a spirit of unity within the worship team environment.
- Recognizes one’s own strengths and weaknesses and is resourceful in supplementing with others those areas where additional skills are required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Technical experience may include but not be limited to digital audio workstations, synthesizers, composing software, planning center online and mac computers, and Microsoft Word and Excel/Office products.
- Knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment and systems.
- Fluency in using recorded tracks in the context of a worship team.
- Exhibit a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain an understanding and agreement with the beliefs of Plainfield Christian Church.
- Deep understanding of traditional and modern worship practices.
- Respect all current PCC worship styles while focusing on future trends.
- Creative with the ability to design a worship service with a variety of styles and substances that inspires a genuine connection with the Spirit while appealing to the next and current generations.
- Understands the value and can demonstrate the ability to connect with a crowd and lead them as the leader on the stage.
What it’s Like to Live in Plainfield, Indiana:
Plainfield, Indiana is located in Hendricks County, a region that is full of small-town charm and fun amenities. Close to the Indianapolis International Airport and about 20 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, Plainfield offers convenient access both near and abroad. This little town has a great shopping mall that stays fairly busy and popular, as well as several parks and trails and even a little water park. The trails throughout Plainfield are great for running and biking, and there are several other areas of nature throughout Hendricks County as well.
Speaking of nature areas, Hendricks County is absolutely bursting with color during the fall months! Traveling through all of the different towns and parks would make for a fantastic road trip. The Sodalis Nature Park is housed in Plainfield itself and contains over 200 acres of wooded preserves and hiking trails.
Plainfield is a very family-friendly place with an excellent education system. The city is safe, clean, and beautiful. It would make for a lovely home, and the surrounding areas in Hendricks County bring a lot to the table as well.To Apply: email@example.com