Director of Worship
Faith Baptist Church in Hampton, Iowa, is seeking a Director of Worship who will be responsible for the worship ministries and help facilitate the Adult Discipleship small group ministry of Faith. This person must love the Lord Jesus Christ and be passionate about worshiping both personally and corporately. They must be an experienced worship leader who walks with God daily, love’s God’s people, and has a heart for the lost.
Faith is part of the community of Hampton (population 4,218) in Franklin County of North Central Iowa. We are a church that encompasses all age groups and spiritual maturity levels who are seeking to grow in our purpose: Pursuing People with the Passion of God. We incorporate contemporary worship with Biblical expositional/applicational messages to encourage every Christ-follower to live like Jesus modeled. On average, our Sunday morning attendance is about 180, but we minister to over 400 people within our ministry radius of five counties. Our facility is very functional, user friendly, and technologically close to state of the art. The complex includes separate children’s and student ministry areas, multiple classrooms, a fellowship area named The Faith Café, and a 400-seat worship auditorium.
The Director’s primary responsibility is to develop and direct our Worship Ministries. Through the leading of the Holy Spirit and their personal leadership style, they will enlist, equip, and empower their worship team musicians and technical support volunteers in their areas of giftedness. They will need to have strong organizational skills, musical expertise, ability to effectively rehearse a worship team, and technical competency with Apple computer and digital soundboards. They will be responsible to coordinate and lead the worship services in partnership with the worship teams as well as provide music for weddings, funerals and joint community events. They will supervise the maintenance and repair of sound and lighting equipment as well as musical instruments. They should enjoy being around people and have the desire to build relationships with others. They will work directly with the Lead Pastor and the Deacon of Worship & Prayer to grow mature worshipers of God. They will model our connection to God in worship, so that we all understand how to worship God with our lives and as a church.
In addition to the Worship Ministry, they will have responsibility to help facilitate and promote the adult small group ministry. At Faith, we promote small groups (Life Groups) where people care for one another and grow in their faith. This person will work closely with the Discipleship Deacon to recruit group leaders, assist researching curricula, and encourage small group participation. They will also participate in ongoing ministry of Faith even in areas outside their designated responsibility.
• Evidence of a strong, contagious, dynamic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a life lived for His honor and glory, maintained through Bible study, prayer and spiritual disciplines consistent with scripture
• Life evidence of being a servant leader
• Preferably have a 4-year degree with focus in Worship/Music. A degree in another field with sufficient worship experience would also be considered
• Experience in leading worship in a church and/or with a worship band in a variety of settings
• Have experience effectively rehearsing a worship band
• Have experience in recruiting, equipping, and empowering leaders and volunteers in a church in their areas of spiritual giftedness
• Evidence of good organizational skills
• Have strong interpersonal communication abilities in large and small group settings
• A theology and beliefs compatible with Faith Baptist Church
• A commitment to the leadership, vision, philosophy & strategy of our church
• A commitment to membership at Faith
• A team player who is complimentary to the other pastors at Faith
• A willingness to take on other responsibilities as necessary for the well being of the church.
We are affiliated with Converge North Central and Converge Worldwide, our regional and national conference partners in ministry.
Please access our website and our Facebook page for further information.
This is a full-time position with benefits commensurate with education and experience. If you are interested in partnering with us in this ministry, and you believe God is prompting you to consider being our Worship Director, please contact us at the address below.
Faith Baptist Church
P.O. Box 515
1701 Central Ave E. Hampton, IA 50441
Office Ph: 641-456-4887
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1963To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1963