Resurrection Anglican is a new church plant in Santa Fe, NM. We are a part of the Diocese of the Rocky Mountains and the Wellspring Network. We currently have about 10 family units that join us regularly for Sunday morning worship.
Position Description: We are looking for someone to serve as worship leader with vocals and playing either guitar or piano. This person will also oversee the whole worship ministry (services, musicians, logistics, etc), and lead us beyond where we currently are.
This individual will oversee the music ministry, including its administration and background work: attending regular meetings with church staff, recruiting and scheduling musicians, running rehearsals, overseeing special services, etc.
– Vision: work with staff to expand the congregation’s understanding and scope for congregational, musical worship — young and old.
– Team development and delegation: we are not looking for a “one person show” but one who raises up other leaders and enjoys working with and building teams.
– Administration: Managing schedules — creating processes and structures are a must.
-Musicianship: accomplished piano or guitar skills, music reading, and playing by ear. Thorough understanding of music theory and the ability to teach others using “layman’s terms.”
-Leadership: strong ability to lead people in congregational singing, exemplified by confidence in leader’s own singing, consistent awareness, sensitivity to the congregation and flow of the service, and clear communication.
Areas of Responsibility:
– People – musicians, sound/AV, Worship Planning Team members.
– Services – lead/participate at a majority of Sunday services and special services as needed. – Replacement would need to be found for weeks off.
– Equipment – care for and maintain music equipment, and train volunteers to do the same. – Rehearsals – hold a regular (weekly or bi-monthly) rehearsal.
– Attend leadership retreats (1x-2x per year).
– Lead Worship Planning Team meetings
Foster growth among team members.
– Actively recruit new volunteers.
– Develop musicians in their understanding of music and worship.
-Create systems for recruiting, volunteers, song selection, etc.
– Itemize and prioritize ministry needs
– Refine song selection system
– Generate a recruitment system
– Maintain worship team member database – Generate a rehearsal template
Plan for future and develop personally (space would be provided to not just do the work, but develop the ministry and grow personally).
– Work with staff to plan for the future, aligning with the church’s overall vision/plans.
– Reach out to others in the field for productive collaboration.
Other Expectations: It is imperative this individual align with our staff policy and theological essentials.
Pay: Hourly; based upon experience and education.
Contact: Email Kempton Jackson (email@example.com) with cover letter & resume or any questions.
www.rezsantafe.comTo Apply: Kempton Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org