Hydesville Community Church (Hydesville, CA) – Worship Pastor
The Big Picture
Hydesville Community Church (hydesvillechurch.org) is prayerfully seeking a new Worship Pastor.
Position Overview and Objective
The Worship Director will provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries at Hydesville Community Church.
The Worship Director will provide spiritual and organizational leadership at Hydesville Community Church.
Spiritual Maturity: Demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a strong commitment to being a disciple of Jesus Christ and making disciples.
Shepherd: Shepherd the flock by caring for the spiritual needs of the members at HCC. Being one example and help to the qualifications of a pastor (1 Tim 3; Titus 1)
Servant-Leader: Lead others by serving. Be able to lead and serve volunteers in a ministerial manner.
Honesty: Exhibits honesty, integrity, and Christian ethics. Actions are consistent with profession. Does what is right and speaks truthfully.
Commitment to Vision and Purpose: Commit and support the vision of Hydesville Community Church, and organize ministry strategies and mechanisms around that vision.
Solution Driven: Creativity to implement innovative programming and ability to figure out solutions for issues encountered in administering ministry.
Organizational Skills: Is structured and precise in organization. Ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish goals. Has good time management skills, attends to details and keeps big picture in mind.
- This role will also have the opportunity to share God’s Word with the congregation on Sunday mornings and other contexts.
- Develop and schedule teams of instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Organize and lead practices.
- The worship director will maintain regular office hours in cooperation with pastoral staff.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Submit expenses in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with church policies.
- Propose a detailed annual budget for each ministry area in accordance with church budgeting procedures and guidelines
- Must possess a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the Worship Ministry
- Plan and oversee all creative elements within corporate worship services and church-wide special events.
- Work alongside the Lead Pastor to be a voice for vision for the church.
- Assist the other pastors in providing care to the congregation.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor and staff, plan and coordinate the flow of all worship and special services of HCC, including transitions, introductions, cues, AVL, media, and special elements (e.g., communion, baptisms, baby dedications, etc.).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Commitment to the vision, missions, value and culture of Hydesville Community Church
Agrees to EFCA Statement of Faith.
Have training/experience in worship ministry. A baccalaureate degree is preferred.
Proficient in church software such as Planning Center Online and other Media resources.
Meets and commits to Biblical leadership qualifications
Will agree to membership at HCC.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The salary and benefits package will include salary, health insurance for the employee, mileage allowance, retirement and cell phone allowance.
PTO is offered based on the HCC Employee Handbook. Taking time off from a normal work day must be requested two weeks in advance.
In cooperation with the Lead Pastor, will conduct and annual performance review of the Worship Director position and review of their compensation package.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Worship Pastor at Hydesville Community Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Worship Pastor of Hydesville Community Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the EFCA and Hydesville Community Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online worship link to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com