Weekly Attendance: 1,400
Location: Locust Grove, GA
The Role: Worship Pastor
Meet Relevant Church:
Relevant Church is a place where you are accepted as you are and where positive life change happens all the time. We want you to feel safe and welcomed.
About the Worship Pastor:
The Worship Pastor will work closely with the Lead Pastor in cultivating an engaging worship culture and building strong worship teams that reach the local community and the world.
The Worship Pastor’s Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the direction and implementation of all worship ministries (kids, students, Celebrate Recovery, and adults).
- Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians/vocalists to lead across all ministries of Relevant and future campuses.
- Planning weekly set lists and mapping out new songs (Planning Center Online).
- Implementing and maintaining technology in worship to improve the quality of sound and enable the worship team to flow well and be more spontaneous (ProPresenter, Ableton, Playback, etc.).
- Writing and releasing songs that exalt the Savior and give voice to the pain of those in our community and around the world.
- Crafting the unique sound of Relevant Church that draws others in.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Experience and maturity valued over education
- 2+ years of experience
- Preference given to candidates who can lead with at least one instrument
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Putting others above yourself.
- Being flexible and following through on what you say.
- Planning engaging and creative worship experiences.
- Bringing excellence to every facet of Relevant Church.
- Spending time with others and helping them reach their full potential.
- Working hard and doing whatever it takes to reach those far from God
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- You are a fan of the TV show, The Office.
- You like or can at least tolerate “your mom” jokes.
- You are competitive and love playing sports with friends.
- You love being in a fast paced environment that consistently reaches broken people and helps them move from death to life.
- Down-to-earth and approachable personality type
What It’s Like to Live in Locust Grove, GA:
Locust Grove is a bedroom community of Atlanta. Many of the residents have roots here, which gives the community lots of southern charm. However, our county (Henry) has experienced explosive growth in the early 2000s (113,000 to 200,000), and is once again growing rapidly (from 205,000 to 245,000 in the last decade). This huge population growth has significantly expanded the diversity of the county racially, socioeconomically, and politically (and the traffic!).
Median household income as of 2020 was $71,110 and the housing market is booming with new construction. The cost of living is close to the national average and shopping options in the area are abundant. Henry County Public Schools are among the best in the state, and there are four large private Christian schools in the county as well.
Being very close to Atlanta (30 minutes from the busiest airport in the world and 45 minutes from downtown) has many advantages, from dining and entertainment to shopping and sports (college and professional) to outdoor living and historical attractions. A unique blend of southern charm and big city amenities makes Atlanta stand out from many other metropolitan regions.
Locust Grove is situated approximately halfway between Atlanta to the north and Macon to the south, which also offers its own set of amenities and activities.
>>APPLY HERE<<To Apply: Emily Hernandez Basquez, firstname.lastname@example.org