Grace Pointe Church is a multisite non-denominational church located in Naperville, IL and Plainfield, IL, which are suburbs of Chicago. The church is led by Lead Pastor Dan Painter, who was recently named the Lead Pastor after holding several different positions over the past 20 years at the church. Grace Pointe currently sees around 500 people in-person Sunday mornings at their Naperville campus, with another 300 that attend their Plainfield campus. The Naperville campus offers three identical services on Sunday mornings with a modern style of worship.
Grace Pointe serves a unique culture that has an extremely high focus and priority on families. Naperville is currently ranked the top place in the country to raise a family as they boast incredible school systems and after school programs, low crime rate, economic growth and affordability. This means the church has the difficult task of reaching very busy people that have a high set of expectations when it comes to programming for their kids or themselves of any kind. Grace Pointe has taken this challenge on and excels in their outreach programs and high expectations for excellence in everything they do, particularly on Sunday mornings for worship and throughout the week for family ministries.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee the worship ministry at the Naperville campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Oversee the planning of Sunday services to develop dynamic content and experiences.
- Schedule volunteers for worship using Planning Center.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor, Production Staff, and any others involved in creating and producing the services.
- Prepare chord charts, recordings, and other elements required to help volunteers prepare for midweek rehearsal.
- Responsible for managing worship resources within an annual budget.
- Lead recruiting, training, and building the Worship and Production teams.
- Collaborate and help oversee the leaders who lead the Production team.
- Collaboration with the Lead Pastor on creating synergy between preaching and the time of worship.
- Coordinate production and project manage all in-person and online elements of the weekend services.
- Lead the worship team and congregation in corporate worship for any given Sunday or special worship service.
- Spend time investing in relationships with volunteers on the worship team, sometimes planned, sometimes spontaneous, depending on the demands of the week/life circumstances of team members.
- Plan gatherings throughout the year and opportunities for the team to connect outside of normal weekly church activities in order to communicate/cast vision and to promote deeper relationships.
- Build relationships with Grace Pointe members and attenders by connecting with them on Sunday mornings and during various events and activities.
- Lead the development process of all Worship team members.
- Answer questions for team members, being available to them as they prepare for rehearsal each week.
- Provide resources or outside coaching to help team members in individual growth as musicians when needed.
- Take new prospective worship team members through the audition process to assess if they fit on the team.
- A calling to pastoral ministry, particularly in worship ministry.
- A visionary that is able to articulate, communicate, and execute a vision for the worship ministry that aligns with the church’s vision.
- Organized and efficient, especially with time management.
- An excellent communicator both on stage and written.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- A strong desire to grow and develop their craft.
- Strong relational skills to establish and maintain relationships within the staff of the church.
- An appreciation and ability to leverage technology tools such as Ableton Live.
- Advanced musical skill both vocally and instrumentally.
- High level of vocal competency
- Able to play at least one instrument, preferably acoustic guitar or keys.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least 3 years of full time worship leading experience previously at a church of similar size and style is ideal.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/gpworship.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.