Position: Worship Pastor
Organization: Parkview Church
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Denomination: Non Denomination
The Worship Pastor at Parkview Church will be a visionary, hard-working, leader of leaders who is experienced in coaching teams and building a strong, dynamic worship ministry. The Worship Pastor is primarily responsible for leading and building the worship experience for our in person and online church attenders. This role will also provide musical and technical leadership to pursue excellence for worship experiences. This role will contribute to the planning, organizing, and leading of any worship experiences throughout the week and the development of next gen worship teams. Additionally, the Worship Pastor will have the opportunity to help influence the equipping of the new worship center. The next Worship Pastor will need to recruit and foster engagement within the new and existing volunteer teams.
Parkview Church started as a church plant with a handful of people and has grown to a vibrant and growing multi-site church located in the beautiful planned community of Palm Coast, FL. Parkview offers weekend services at their two campuses where people are invited to experience a Gospel-centered, life-giving worship service. Parkview Church is a theologically conservative church with a progressive methodology of worship and ministry.
Parkview’s vision is simple, “Guiding people to life change in Christ.” From the very beginning, the church has had a strong reputation in the community, and is excited to take the next step, by continuing to expand its impact and its commitment as they move into their new state of the art worship center. With these endeavors in mind, Parkview is excited to welcome its next Worship Pastor into a dedicated and tenured team, as they enter into this next season in the life of the church.
In a prime coastal location off Interstate 95, and a little over an hour’s drive from Palm Coast to Orlando, less than half an hour to Daytona Beach and an hour to Jacksonville, Palm Coast affords all the amenities of a small-town, master-planned community lifestyle with access to big cities and some of the world’s most iconic family attractions.
With a population of more than 85,000, Palm Coast boasts of being nicknamed ‘one of Florida’s best kept secrets’ and provides 19 miles of unspoiled beaches, 125 miles of biking and hiking trails, dozens of community parks, and one of the lowest cost of living in the nation.
Palm Coast has also been nicknamed the “Pebble Beach of the East” because of its spectacular oceanfront golf courses. Palm Coast boasts three seasons of tropical balmy weather and the locals enjoy a lifestyle of uncrowded beaches, boating on the meandering intercoastal waterway, and a family friendly environment.
Experience & Skills
- 4 years full-time experience
- Willing to chart a new course in areas that need improvement but sensitive to current things that are working well within the ministry.
- Not looking for a lead singer who is backed by vocalists – a leader who cultivated and reproduced other worship leaders within the ministry
- Ability to create a vision and execute effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills that exude a positive attitude
- Ability to self-motivate and make independent decisions
- An exceedingly strong ability to effectively coach, equip, and mobilize
- Understanding for band dynamics, worship environment production, and ministry teamwork in a worship team setting
- Secondary abilities that would be a plus: graphic support/youth worship band leadership/preaching/young adult ministry leadership
- Experience leading with guitar and proficient on the keys and/or other instruments
- Familiar with Planning Center and possess creative multimedia skills
- Understands and embraces the vision of Parkview and worship ministry’s philosophy of team-lead worship approach
- Proficiency to play with click tracks and knowledge of Ableton Live plus
- Effective at multitasking, time management, and following up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong spiritual maturity and yet teachable spirit
- Exceptional talent vocally to lead a worship experience
- Maintain composure during stressful situations
- Commitment to hard work, ability to thrive in a ready, fire, aim environment.
- Possess both teachable and coachable leadership traits.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both staff and volunteers.
- Growing and contagious personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Passionate about the ministry of the local church and its critical role in reaching people for Jesus.
- Worshiper – leading people from the overflow of the deep well experiences of God in personal spiritual journey
- Endorse the church vision, mission, and beliefs, with evidence of commitment to each component.
- Thrive in a Gospel-centered, life-changing approach to ministry.
- Won’t get stuck in a musical rut but constantly bringing fresh approaches
- Team player and willing to do all/any pastoral, non-worship related duties
- Possess the following core traits: humble leader, team player, shepherd’s heart, active learner, problem solver, enthusiastic, and fun.
- If married, you and your spouse would be expected to fully engage in the ministry of Parkview.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred with some type of theological training/seminary a plus
Goals and Expectations
The effective Worship Pastor will achieve the following goals:
- Create a system to recruit, train, and coach Worship volunteers to foster a culture of volunteerism within the Worship Ministry.
- Support the vision of the church and integrate it through worship ministry
- Cultivate ministry synergy while coordinating regularly with leaders and volunteers between Parkview Network.
- Manage ministry budget and offer wisdom in matters of financial stewardship.
- Prioritize and maintain the highest integrity in matters of ministry, while creating systematic processes to effectively execute all goals.
The Aaron Hur Group has partnered with Parkview Church to find a talented leader who feels called to serve in this next season. To become a candidate, apply here!