Mountainview Christian Church is a non-denominational church that has been serving South Denver since 1986. We began in a grade school, built our current building in 2002, and have been helping start and revitalize churches across South Denver since the very beginning. In 2018, the church launched a two-year ministry residency program that provides training and coaching to future ministry leaders. Our current worship pastor is having to relocate for family reasons.
We have a modern style of worship from a variety of influences. A typical instrumental setup would be acoustic, electric, and bass guitars, keyboards, and drums – with other instruments used on occasion. A variety of singers are typically used each weekend.
The Worship Pastor position is a full time position and will support Mountainview’s mission of Glorifying God, Growing in Jesus, and Going into the World as well as our vision of planting new churches and campuses. The Worship Pastor carries out the vision of the Senior Pastor by leading energetic worship services (for our in-person and online campuses) that are relevant to people at all different places along their spiritual journey. This person leads a team of volunteers in the weekly execution of high quality weekend services, as well as other events requiring worship. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of passion, energy, creativity, and proven effectiveness in building/leading teams.
This position will be a critical part of the ministry team and will report to the Executive Pastor.
– Spiritually lead congregation through musical worship and prayer
– Ensure a quality weekend experience that encourages attenders to return with a friend.
– Work collaboratively, consistently, and relationally with the Senior Pastor in the development of worship services and overall worship at Mountainview.
– Be a talented musician who can lead in multiple genres and perform at a high level.
– Able to incorporate non musical worship experiences (spoken word, guided prayer, responsive reading) with a focus on the main desired outcome of each service.
– Be an active participant in our weekly creative team meetings.
– Continue expanding and developing volunteer teams.
– Responsible for incorporating Mountainview’s mission, vision, and values into our worship department
KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading people into the presence of God. This passion will be fueled by a personal devotion to spiritual disciplines that result in a growing relationship with Jesus. This passion will manifest itself as a strong desire to reach lost people. This person must be a leader of leaders. They will have a proven track record of multiplying themselves through the training and coaching of others. Musically, they should be highly proficient on at least one instrument, preferably guitar. As a staff leader, they will share our vision of starting new churches and campuses. Ideally, they will have experience in a church of comparable size or larger.
Key skills include:
– The ability to effectively train others to lead worship.
– The ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
– The ability to translate creative ideas into action.
– The ability to “think outside of the box.”
– The ability to plan ahead and yet remain flexible.
– The ability to recruit and train volunteers.
– The ability to manage a budget.
– Theological training strongly preferred
– Able to write and arrange worship songs
Proficient in Ableton/DAW and other software programs for music
USE THIS LINK TO APPLY
We are only accepting resumes submitted through our HR portal. Please use this link to submit your application: https://mountainview-christian-church.breezy.hr/p/4f31cd296d32To Apply: Tracy Van Vleet (email@example.com)