Worship Team Leader & Vocalist
The Worship Team Leader/Vocalist is responsible for leading the congregation, Worship Team Band (professional musicians), and volunteer vocalists at Concordia’s 10:15 am contemporary praise worship service each Sunday. The Worship Team Leader, in coordination with the pastor, selects music appropriate for the service and theme of the day, selects and sends the charts for instrumentalists and singers, and conducts a rehearsal with the WorshipTeam Band and Vocalists from 9:30 – 10:00 am each week prior to service. The Worship Team Leader must be passionate about worship, self-motivated, and organized.
The Worship Team Leader is supervised by the pastor with the assistance and support of the Board of Elders.
- Performance experience
- Personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord with a passion and love for worship
- Knowledge of current praise music
- Ability work with people
- Commitment to team ministry
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Meet with staff
- Work with the pastor(s) to select appropriate music for the 10:15 am service
- Communicate music selections in advance of rehearsals, providing music and charts in advance to professional and volunteer musicians as appropriate
- Conduct rehearsals with the Worship Team Band and volunteer vocalists prior to the service each week and at other times as needed
- Work collaboratively with and maintain a high level of organization and communication