Youth Discipleship Pastor
World Gospel Church (Terre Haute, IN) – Youth Discipleship Pastor
The Big Picture
World Gospel Church (worldgospelchurch.org), is seeking a full-time Youth Discipleship Pastor.
- Personal: A life of godliness and character beyond reproach. Acts justly, shows mercy, and walks humbly as a gifted leader, shepherd, and communicator. Has a passion for the Word of God, relationships, and to bring the lost to Jesus.
- Church: Demonstrates an agreement with the WGC By-Laws and philosophy of ministry. Meets the qualifications of pastor/elder as in the Pastoral Epistles and operates with gifting complementary to the senior pastor and other staff.
- Educational: College graduate with Bible and theological training (MDiv progress or MDiv preferred)
- Experiential: Youth ministry in a church setting is preferred.
- Doctrinal: Evangelical, as defined by the National Association of Evangelicals and in agreement with the Articles of Faith of World Gospel Church.
- Ministry Philosophy: Highly relational ministry that embodies a disciple making life as defined by WGC Disciple Making Definitions and Methodology.
- Seeks a Spirit-led, relational environment for teaching and training our students and their
families for service for Jesus and helps them go into outreach activities with WGC for our community and the world. Integrates youth ministry into the broader life of the church.
- Plans and oversees student Sunday school, service projects, mission trips, retreats, budgets, and leads or participates in associated meetings, classes, and life groups.
- Leads the development of promotional materials for student events, including maintenance of the appropriate pages of the WGC website.
- Supervises the development and strategic implementation of a comprehensive vision for the Student Ministry as a part of WGC’s overall vision and disciple making goals.
- Recruits, trains, develops, and counsels students and their leaders to have a passion for the lost and to grow in their faith, gifts, and abilities.
- Interacts with other churches, local ministries, and the local schools in opportunities to have the WGC students/family partnerships to bring the gospel to our community.
- Participates and fosters continuity and open communications within the WGC staff and
- Participates in all aspects of worship services.
- Available and pursues shepherding and counsel with competency in
current youth and mental health issues.
- Serves on the Student Ministry and Education Committees.
- Follows a personal development plan set up by the senior pastor and pursues ongoing
development of skills, understanding, and strategic pursuit of youth regarding the developing challenges they face.
- Coordinates ministry activities, mission trips, and schedule with the Senior Pastor and relevant committees as part of an effective pastoral team.
- Provides updates to the elder council and is available to attend elder council meetings as
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The Youth Pastor shall be accountable to the Senior Pastor or, in his absence, the Elder Council.
- Compensation: $50,000
- Parsonage is provided (3 bedroom, 2 bath home)
- Health insurance
- Retirement contribution
- Paid vacation
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Discipleship Pastor at WGC?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Discipleship Pastor at WGC?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of WGC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com