Youth and Children's Ministry
Open Position: Youth Lead at Arapahoe Road Baptist Church
Arapahoe Road Baptist Church (ARBC), located in south suburban metro Denver has a position open of Youth Lead for our congregation for 6th grade through high school. The previous Youth Minister followed God’s call to the foreign mission field. ARBC, founded in 1960, is a well established Church serving the Lord in south suburban Denver. The congregation is led by, and the Youth Lead reports to Dr. Matthew Perry, Lead Pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and lead Bible studies Sunday morning to youths for their Christian development. ARBC follows the curriculum of Lifeway Resources.
• Plan and lead the weekly youth meeting at Church.
• Plan and lead one special youth event per month: evangelism/missions/fellowship.
• Participate in monthly 1-hour Church Council meeting representing the youth.
• Meet with the Pastor 30 minutes per week.
• Encourage parents regarding their children’s involvement in the church.
The position is expected to require approximately 8-10 hours per week. This should be sufficient for the successful candidate to pursue studies. The position is hourly and paid at the rate of $30per hour. Personal car milage will be paid to/from Church at the prevailing IRS rate, currently $0.625 per mile. No other benefits are available.
Professing Christian per John 3:16. Embrace ARBC’s mission, vision, strategy, and values. Uphold the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Pursuing a college degree in any area of Christian ministry from a local college or university. Pass a background check. Legally able to work in the US.
Send a resume, letters from 2 references, and a maximum 1-page statement answering this question: What principles would God have me employ to lead ARBC youth. ARBC reserves the right to change the position or not fill it at any time. Please send in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org.