Youth and Children's Ministry
Youth Ministry Coordinator with Tuition Reimbursement
First Presbyterian Church Houston
The Youth Ministry Coordinator (YMC) is a hybrid position of relational ministry and administrative coordination. The YMC will ensure that the day-to-day operations in the youth office run efficiently, assist the youth staff in logistically organizing a variety of youth ministry events, communicating with parents regularly, coordinate with our travel agent to arrange trip details, and facilitate the inter-functionality between the youth ministry and the overall FPC church body.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities|
- Help coordinate all Youth Ministry events
- Assisting with the Youth Ministry budget
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis regarding details of upcoming events
- Ensure all procedures are completed (such as registering for trips)
- Help facilitate the Sunday School class for parents of our students (The Family SS class)
- Help lead a HS Small Group
- Lead trips and events
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in an admin role for a church or non-profit
- 3-5 yrs. of related experience preferred
- Must have a basic concept and knowledge of the principles and beliefs of the church and be in agreement with them
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Must have the ability to prioritize and be flexible
- Must have the ability to present oneself professionally
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work well on a team under stressful situations
- Experience in a church environment
- Advanced computer skills (experience with Word and Excel)
- Proficient personal computer skills with advance experience in Microsoft Office.
- Professional Maturity
- Computer Savvy
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge
- Interpersonal Communication
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Manages Change
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Integrity and Respect
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with the fingers.
- Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Full time – Off day is Friday
- Travel 4 weeks out of the year