Youth Ministry Pastor/Director Profile:
- A godly man who demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit and a personal walk with God.
- Elder-qualified (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Demonstrates a calling to ministry.
- Agrees fully with Crosspoint’s doctrinal statements and governance documents.
- Generally supports the current ministry philosophies of Crosspoint Bible Church.
- Gifted in and committed to biblical teaching that is practical and applicable to youth and their families.
- A servant leader who values teammates and provides opportunities for growth.
- A humble man who submits to authority and models accountability.
- Connects well with people, especially youth and their families.
- Preferably, a graduate from a reputable evangelical college.
- Preferably, experienced in leading youth ministry in a local church.
- Preferably, experienced in team building and mentoring.
Youth Ministry Pastor/Director Job Description:
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will have general oversight of the Junior High and High School ministries at Crosspoint Bible Church. The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director reports to the Lead Pastor, who may assign other duties, as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will provide sound biblical teaching that is practical and applicable to youth and their families. He will ensure that all teaching and curriculum materials are relevant, authentic, biblically sound, and supportive of Crosspoint’s philosophy of youth ministry.
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will provide leadership to the youth ministry program at Crosspoint. He will work with the ministry staff and volunteers to implement Crosspoint’s philosophy of youth ministry. He will provide training, encouragement, and support to the leaders of all ministries under his scope of responsibility.
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will ensure that purposeful discipleship occurs at all levels of youth ministry.
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will ensure that youth are properly nurtured, shepherded, welcomed, engaged, invested, and encouraged. He will foster healthy and responsive relationships with youth and their families.
The Youth Ministry Pastor/Director will build a safe but challenging God-honoring community for youth that engages their families and the church body as a whole.
*All applicants may send their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the church’s website at www.crosspointbible.org. Please include any links to sermons and include personal doctrinal statements, if available.