Youth and Children's Ministry
West Chester Community Evangelical Church
(West Chester, PA) – Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
West Chester Community Evangelical Church (wccec.org/english-ministry/), is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to serve in the English Ministry (EM) of our congregation.
Nestled in a suburban community southwest of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, WCCEC was planted in the year 2000. It is a bi-cultural and bilingual (Chinese and English) church committed to building up the kingdom of God among first and second-generation Chinese in the western Philadelphia suburbs. The average Sunday attendance is around 200 of which 35-40 people attend the English Sunday service. A typical English Sunday service includes youth and parents of the youth. The church currently has a Chinese Ministry Pastor. The vision of the church is “We will be a safe harbor for all who hunger for God’s peace, and a forward base for God’s kingdom on earth”. The mission of the church is “From individuals to community, from this generation to the next, we exist to bring the total reconciliation of Christ to all nations”.
The Youth Pastor will primarily be responsible for leading and organizing an effective youth ministry. This will involve implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism. The overall objective of the Youth Pastor is to model Christ and to make Christ–like disciples of youth, and to train and mobilize them to make disciples. The Youth Pastor must be committed to furthering the mission of WCCEC in helping to develop devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. The expectation is that the Youth Pastor should preach as well as plan and execute curriculum and events in alignment with the English Ministry mission. The pastor will need to be a team player and a good communicator. It is not expected that the pastor will do everything himself, but he must be able to train and equip coworkers and delegate responsibilities.
- Preaching the gospel and biblical teaching
- Pastoral care, one-on-one discipleship, and evangelism
- Leading seekers to become believers
- Collaborating with the leadership team in planning various initiatives and ministries
- Teaching and training youth toward a deepening, enriching faith experience
- Coordinating events with the Chinese Ministry pastor, the Youth Ministry deacon and the Children’s Ministry director and deacon.
- Reviewing the ministry progress with the board and lay leaders.
- Empowering, training and equipping coworkers and delegating responsibilities effectively
- Planning sermon calendar with input from the leadership team
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry (Master of Divinity is preferred) with experience in youth ministry.
- Must have an evangelical faith and agree with WCCEC’s Statement of Faith.
- Must exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to a deep-rooted prayer life.
- Must have the ability to bridge youth with college students and young adults in the WCCEC family.
- Should have an ability to train lay leaders.
- Should enjoy connecting with people of all ages.
- Should practice hospitality frequently.
- Should have a love of learning and teaching.
- Some experience in counseling preferred.
- Share the pulpit responsibility.
- Recruit and train a ministry team of youth leaders.
- Set annual ministry goals and develop plans to achieve such goals; evaluate and report progress.
- Organize and/or lead weekly Sunday School classes and other weekly youth events.
- Oversee the annual budget for youth ministries.
- Identify areas in need of change.
- Recruit, encourage, support and train coworkers.
- Define and track personal discipleship progress with all youth.
- Work with church elders and pastors to plan and pray for the vision and growth of the church.
- Address important issues which affect the whole church with the Leadership Team.
- Foster connections with the local network of pastors and churches.
- Help connect our church to other churches and Christian organizations, to increase our church’s service and engagement in the local community.
Total Pacakge: $70,000-$80,000 Depending on Experience
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at WCCEC?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor at WCCEC?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of WCCEC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.comTo Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com