Youth and Children's Ministry
Purpose of Position:
As Bethel’s demographics continue to change, so has the need for a youth pastor on staff. The youth pastor will operate alongside church leadership to promote the spiritual growth of students in our church, schools, and community and create a Great Commission culture amongst the youth ministry.
● He is to meet the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
● Prefer prior ministry experience in the area of youth.
● Bachelor’s Degree or a good level of biblical training is preferred.
● Our preference is to have a married couple with some involvement from his spouse.
● Ability to handle God’s Word in agreement with Bethel’s doctrinal positions
● Good communication skills
● Relational and loves students
● Plan and execute youth activities that align with and help accomplish the church’s mission statement
● Ability to listen and provide biblical counsel to students.
● Organizational skills
Primary Duties and Expectations:
● To work as a team with the pastoral staff and elders.
● The Youth Pastor will be a key part of this leadership team. It is essential that a general agreement exists in the working philosophy of the pastoral staff.
● Lead and work closely with volunteer youth leaders in the planning and carrying out the ministry throughout the week through group and individual discipleship including youth sunday school ministry.
● Shepherd the youth by building strong relationships with them and their families.
● Establish a presence in the community by building intentional community relationships.
● Provide biblical counsel to youth in cooperation with parents and pastoral staff as needed.
● Coordinate the youth ministry with all other aspects of the ministry of Bethel Baptist Church so as to promote the strongest possible unity between them.
● Be involved in Sunday services and willing to preach in coordination with the pastoral staff.
Operating in Your Strengths:
Though the primary responsibility of this position is with the youth 7-12th grades, we understand that every candidate is uniquely gifted by God and will consider additional duties based on the spiritual gifts of the individual.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us at:
Email – email@example.com
Geoff Smith – 712-730-1558
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2782To Apply: https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2782