Youth and Children's Ministry
Title: Youth Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Denomination: Bible based, non-denominational
Time Required: Full Time
Summary: Prairie Bible Church is a new, rapidly growing, non-denominational church, serving the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor. We are a church focused on Bible based teaching with a mission “To grow people’s faith through a simple, authentic, representation of Jesus’ love”
The Youth Pastor is a full-time, salaried position responsible for developing and leading the middle school and high school ministries at Prairie Bible Church. The successful candidate should have a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a specific calling toward youth ministry.
If you have a passion to be part of a gospel-centered, growing church that is committed to the teachings of Christ, this could be the perfect fit for you!
- Provide direct leadership to the Youth Ministry (middle school and high school), including strategic planning, teaching and discipleship, programming, special events, outreach, and recruitment to those in the community.
- Prepare and deliver Bible-based messages for regular student activities on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
- Recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteers who will share in leading youth ministries
- Coordinate with Prairie Bible’s Worship Leader to incorporate contemporary worship music into the Wednesday evening meetings to create a dynamic youth ministry that is engaging for the youth in our community.
- Develop and lead Wednesday youth nights to incorporate a blend of biblical teaching and relational, small group breakouts
- Take an active interest in the lives of the youth by participating in events such as school events, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, outreach events, and community service projects.
- Develop an online presence via social media platforms to maintain communication with students and parents
- Work with Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor to provide resources and training for spiritual growth of parents and families
- Work to build relationships with youth and their families within Prairie Bible Church
Qualifications and Skills:
- Mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ, committed to the core values of Prairie Bible Church
- Self-motivated, ability to self-evaluate and positively respond to constructive feedback
- Highly relational with proven ability to relate with youth and adults
- Proven leadership qualities and experience working with youth
- A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A four-year degree and seminary training with an emphasis on student ministry is preferred
- Salary based on experience/education
- 3 weeks’ vacation