Associate and Assistant Pastors
- Family Pastor
- Kirk of the Hills
- Posted: 10/30/2019
- Salary/Range: negotiable, salaried w/ benefits
- Tulsa, OK
Description:Kirk of the Hills is a unique expression of what God is doing in Tulsa, OK. The Kirk is a 1300 member church connected with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. We are intentionally multi-generational, having both a traditional and a contemporary worship service. We place a strong emphasis on worship, small group discipleship, serving, and mission opportunities locally and globally.
We are seeking someone to lead our family ministry team and develop the discipleship culture of our families. This person will be a key team leader and work with other leaders to shepherd the staff and the church toward spiritual health and vitality.
Interested candidates are encouraged to read the job description below and check out our church at www.thekirk.com to determine if this might be a place you would like to serve. You can apply online at www.thekirk.com/jobs If you have questions about the job or how to apply, please contact Tammy Gill, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com or 918-494-7088.
Family Pastor/Family Ministry Director
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. This position will supervise 4-6 staff members, and reports directly to the Lead Pastor. We will consider making this an ordained pastoral position or a director level position depending on the experience and qualifications of the leader that we choose.
• To lead, develop, and grow the family ministry, including all aspects of ministry from infants through college/young adults.
• To provide spiritual oversight, care, and strategic direction for all staff and volunteers in the family ministry.
• To nurture and encourage children, youth, and parents in their relationship with Christ and faithful participation in the life and mission of the church.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES Family Team Leadership
Lead the family ministry team to disciple families
• Lead the family ministry to be aligned with the vision and values of The Kirk.
• Supervise all family ministry staff and lead them to be a unified team that
effectively guides the families of the church in biblical discipleship.
• Grow in number and health the disciple-making opportunities for infants
through college/young adults.
• Cast a vision and create a process for increased invitation, training, and
development of volunteer leaders in the family ministries of the church.
• Equip parents to take the lead discipleship role in the lives of their children
• Develop smooth and significant transitions between developmental stages.
• Teach and lead in areas of family ministry as needed, model teaching.
• Lead all family ministry environments to protect the integrity of the gospel and
faithfulness to Scripture. Personally teach the congregation via seminars, classes, studies, or special series as planned.
College/Young Adult Ministry
Lead one area of family ministry
• Develop a community of college students and young adults (18-25ish).
• Provide a weekly discipleship environment that is targeted toward this stage
• Help college students and young adults connect with serving opportunities in
the church and mission opportunities locally and globally.
Serve on the pastoral team to lead in the discipleship of the church
• Assist with leading in worship or preaching as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
• Officiate at weddings, baptisms, and funerals as needed or requested.
• Participate in the regular pastoral care and shepherding of the congregation,
with special attention to the lives of families.
• If ordained by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, this person will be a
member of session and participate in the life of the Presbytery and GA.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• The work day starts at 8:30AM with prayer & regular attendance is required.
• Participation in the overall life and mission of the church.
• Oversee the budget for all family ministries.
• Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor or Session (elders).
• A well-grounded faith in Jesus Christ, commitment to the Reformed theological tradition, and willingness to become a member of the church or Presbytery.
• Bachelor’s degree (required), Masters degree (preferred), MDiv (best).
• A minimum of 5-7 years experience in church-based ministry, preferably on
staff at a church of 500+ members.
• An ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
children’s ministry, youth ministry, college and young adult ministry. Top candidates will have experience leading and/or supervising others in these areas of ministry.
• Must have proven experience in ministry and demonstrate a love for children, students and families, a sure understanding of the Gospel, the necessary skills to communicate that Gospel, and the administrative skills to lead and mange staff and volunteers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to build and lead teams.
• Must agree to the Essentials of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
• Must agree with the mission, vision, and values of The Kirk. http://www.thekirk.com/mission-vision