General Statement of Job Function
Staff the Circulation Desk and the Reserve Shelf. Help library users with general questions. Shelve books. Assist with processing items into the collection. Available to work evening and weekend hours. There are 2 work study positions available.
- Enter additional information into library patron records in the database and assign barcodes.
- Help library users search the online catalog and databases.
- Assist patrons with locating and checking out various media.
- Check in items returned from circulation and put them in call-number order for shelving.
- Help students access, check out and check in Reserve items.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Help library patrons place holds on books.
- Accurately re-shelve books in stacks.
- Collect fines and fees, making change as needed.
- Assist patrons with first-level reference questions. Refer other questions to library staff members as appropriate.
- Shelf-read and shift books as needed.
- Assist with processing books.
- Assist with inventory of library collections.
- Add money to student PaperCut accounts
- Make conference room reservations.
- Make photo ID cards for students, faculty and staff.
- Other responsibilities assigned.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Trustworthy, dependable person who wants to work.
- Prefer college graduate.
- Detail-oriented person with computer skills.
- Previous library experience desirable.
- Should enjoy working as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills required.
- Pleasant, helpful, courteous demeanor.
- Ability to enforce library policies consistently and kindly.
- Commitment to consistently work scheduled hours.
- Commitment to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Library Technician III supports this mission by:
- Ensuring patron database is error free and contains current information.
- Promptly and successfully assisting library users who need help locating books.
- Library items are properly checked out and in and those returned are promptly put on the shelves in number order.
- Books are consistently reshelved accurately.
- Phone calls are answered promptly, courteously and helpfully.
- People who need assistance with placing holds on books are helped promptly and pleasantly.
- Students are helped with finding Reserve items they need.
- Appropriate fines and fee payments are collected and logged in the correct systems.
- People are given the correct change and monies are appropriately allocated.
- New items are processed in a timely way.
- The Grounds’ Collection is readied for circulation.
- Inventory is completed regularly.
- The library is adequately staffed for all of the scheduled library hours.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Employment Application. Please complete the following and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.