Administrative and Clerical
- Administrative Support - Temporary
- Mile High WorkShop
- Posted: 11/21/2019
- Salary/Range: $15/hour
- Aurora, CO
The Mile High WorkShop is an employment social enterprise. We provide business clients with a variety of light manufacturing, assembly and fulfillment services. This work creates transitional employment and training opportunities for our program participants, community residents experiencing barriers to employment due to criminal backgrounds, incarceration and/or recovery from homelessness and addictions. The WorkShop provides program participants with developmental opportunities and supportive services aimed at preparing them for and facilitating in their transition into permanent employment.
Role and Primary Responsibilities:
The team at Mile High WorkShop seeks part time Administrative Support with a positive, can-do attitude to help support The WorkShop’s growth and overall organizational management. This position will be responsible for various areas of recruitment assistance, evaluation assistance, and ongoing office administrative support.
Professional skill, flexibility, initiative and empathy are all highly valued and utilized in this position. The Administrative Volunteer reports to the Program Director and Operations Director depending on duties and projects assigned.
The Successful Candidate Will . . .
- Manage recruitment efforts in researching and contacting halfway houses, sober living facilities, and partner organizations in Denver area to share about MHWS program
- Handle phone calls and emails of people interested in the MHWS program: screen and invite to hiring events
- Follow up with people who have inquired about MHWS but did not attend hiring event
- Maintain tracking of former MHWS participants by phone/email for follow up and evaluation tracking, as well as establish a tracking system for former participants
- Be comfortable answering and directing phone calls as they come into main MHWS main phone line
- Manage the general MHWS email account
- Assist with year-end donation receipt mailing
- Order and manage inventory for shared shop supplies
- Manage breakroom food and coffee ordering
- Help with general warehouse cleanliness and organization
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate location
- Organize existing MHWS resource guide for participants and update guide as necessary.
- Update and manage previous employee files
- Supervise and plan occasional MHWS events
- Knowledge or skill in troubleshooting technology issues is a plus
- Manage the physical space you work in, keeping it organized and efficient.
- Help ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Assume new duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org