Mrs. Julia A. Amen dedicated her life to loving others, teaching the Word, and equipping women for works of service that glorify God. Your gift to the Julia A. Amen Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to female students pursuing theological degrees at Denver Seminary.
“The Lord has been doing a transformational work in me so I may better serve Him. My dream is that God will use me to teach, mentor, equip, and enable others to step out into areas of fruitfulness where God is leading them. I especially enjoy helping others to grow in their ability to hear the Lord. This vital contribution helps make it possible for me to continue attending Denver Seminary.”
– Scholarship Recipient, 2018-2019
- To the extent legally permissible, the donors desire that preference be given to female students.
- Recipients will be enrolled in the MDiv degree program with any concentration, or any of the MA degrees, but not MA Counseling (licensure track) degree program.
- Recipients must be committed to pursuing ministry upon completion of degree. This may be defined as vocational (ministry) or not; however the students must have a desire to be in service that will glorify God and/or share God’s Word in some way.
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need and be in good academic standing as determined by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Scholarship Funds may be renewed each year until the recipients graduate, as long as the recipients meet the above criteria and the degree is completed within the time period stated in the catalog.