|Job Title:||Program Specialist, Training and Mentoring (TM), Part-Time|
|Reports To:||Training and Mentoring Department Chair|
General Statement of Job Function
The Program Specialist provides both faculty-facing and public-facing support on behalf of the Training and Mentoring team by managing reports, directing communications, developing resources and assisting the chair of Training and Mentoring in his/her responsibilities related to the efficacy of the TM curriculum. This a part-time (15 hours per week) position.
- Oversee and develop information and data collection systems including registration, evaluations and artifact reporting
- Manage and develop resource sites which service mentor orientation and student curriculum support
- Support the chair of Training & Mentoring in his/her responsibilities related to the functioning of the TM curriculum including course enrollment, material revisions, course scheduling, teaching loads, adjunct communication, administrative research, etc.
- As a vital part of the TM team, schedule, participate in, document and follow-up on regular TM team meetings and subsequent action items
- Provide timely and professional correspondence to students, mentors and other inquiries
- Liase interdepartmentally to build the ethos of the TM curriculum, maintain mentor services, establish curricular continuity and communicate the TM experience to mentors, staff, faculty, alumni, potential and current students
- Provide departmental support for special projects in TM (new courses, open house, trainings, public-facing courses, etc.)
- Participate on Denver Seminary task forces as requested.
Earned college degree. Administrative support and office protocol experience, including expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, Forms, and Outlook. Experience in mentoring relationships. Understanding of adult learning or whole-life Christian formation. Strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form. A quick ability to learn the Moodle course management system and institutional databases.
- Committed to a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ
- Able to sign the Denver Seminary Statement of Faith, Lifestyle Covenant and Sexuality Statement
- Able to work on-site Monday through Thursday during core office hours. This position is not remote.
- Hones mature interpersonal skills while working on a decisive team
- Collaborates and adapts using flexible solutions and innovative thinking
- Relates well in settings of diversity
- Committed to discerning and maintaining confidentiality
- Accepts supervision and yet can self-direct to accomplish goals
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Program Specialist supports this mission by:
- an efficient and well-run office with tasks performed effectively and on time
- completed projects that advance the operations and effectiveness of TM and produce identified outcomes
- positive relationships established with both internal and external constituencies
- positive student experience as a result of spiritually informed, professionally constructed systems of support and communication.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.