General Statement of Job Function
|Job Title:||Research Associate Level II (Part-Time)|
|Reports To:||Director of the School Counseling Mental Health Initiative|
|Pay:||$15 to $18/hour|
Research Associate Level II – part-time (approximately 10-20 hours per week). The Research Associate will work directly with the director of the initiative and assist in the coordination and supervision of Research Associate Level I employees, to develop and carry out the objectives of the initiative. Weekly hours and duties varies depending on the needs of the research process.
The research associate will focus on the development, marketing, and execution of a digital student support resource for local schools to utilize.
- Assist in academic research (e.g., literature reviews, data collection, IRB application development, data analysis, partner consultation, etc.) in line with the focus of the initiative
- Disseminate research findings through multiple channels. May include building a digital resource tool, strategic marketing, manuscript editing & preparation, facilitating conferences, and/or development of presentations and tools.
- Administrative activities (e.g., accounting, report writing, etc.)
- May have oversight and coordination of Research Associate Level I
- Coordinate content of channels to disseminate research of the SCMHI research team
- Potential travel to and presenting at regional and national conferences
- Master’s Degree in related field
- School Counseling experience (preferred)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling experience (preferred)
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith
- Research Experience (preferred)
- Highly organized
- Effective communication skills
- Interviewing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Use of Statistical Analysis Software (preferred)
- Experience in database development/maintenance
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of part-time research associate supports this mission by:
- Assist in networking with school partners in the Denver metro area to develop research relationships and equip them with knowledge and resources through the activities of the School Counseling and Mental Health Initiative (SCMHI).
- Assist in developing a growing network of educators and mental health professionals
- Assist in providing educational opportunities to the community
- Assist in producing and disseminating research and evaluation regarding the school-based mental health prevention and intervention programming.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.