Youth and Children's Ministry
- Student Ministries Director
- Sanctuary Christian Fellowsip
- Posted: 11/30/2019
- Salary/Range: $20,000 a year
- Englewood, Colorado
Description:Student Ministries Director
Disciple students (6th grade through 12th grade) of Sanctuary Christian Fellowship to be fully devoted disciples of Jesus, who disciple others.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The responsibilities and expectations of this role should include, but not be limited to, the following: discipleship, team-building and programming.
• Invite students into a fresh, sustained life with Jesus Christ and the Church by engaging them through creative avenues that meet students where they are.
• Equip students to know and live the truth of the Christian faith through historical spiritual disciplines, the study of Scripture and practical Christian living.
• Empower students to be active in the church and their communities through acts of service and relationship, commissioning them to lead initiatives and participate in local and global engagement.
• Identify and mentor “at risk” students as well as those who show promise of leadership.
Partner with others (SCF staff, parents and volunteers) in effectively planning, organizing and leading the student ministry.
• Implement a plan to build relationships with parents which invites their participation in the development of students and informs them about activities, events and developments.
• Partner with the SCF Discipleship Director, as needed, to help prepare and plan student mission trips and local outreach.
• Recruit, train and care for a core team of adult volunteers, both male and female, to provide leadership and assistance with all student programs and special events.
• Work with volunteers to cover absences due to vacation, sickness or travel.
Assess, develop and grow the existing ministry to the middle and high school students of Sanctuary in accordance with the overall vision and mission of the church.
• Plan and fulfill a regular curriculum and student calendar of events, retreats/camps/mission trips and activities which invite, equip and empower each person to know, worship and follow Jesus.
• Cultivate our fledgling relationship and presence at Englewood High School for the purpose of reaching students, teachers and administrators so that the student ministry/church are trusted as a reliable resource partner for the school. Partner with SCF’s Discipleship Director, as needed, to fulfill this local expression of Sanctuary’s mission.
• Faithfully oversee and manage student ministry budget.
• Prioritize and regularly participate in Sanctuary staff meetings.
• In collaboration with other SCF staff, engage in and support the overall mission and life of the church through hospital visitation, counseling, baptisms, funerals, weddings, outreach, preaching/teaching, and Sunday worship.
• Demonstrate a mature and growing Christian faith.
• Indicate a minimum of 2 years in student ministry leadership and provide references.
• Evidence a passion for working with middle and high school students.
• Possess mature administrative skills needed to carry out the responsibilities and expectations.
• Display a creative approach to student ministry.
• Commit to SCF as your home church and cooperate with it’s statement of faith.
• Show fluency with social media platforms, everyday technologies and programs/apps.
• Pass a CBI background check.
• A college or seminary degree in Bible, student ministry, youth and family ministries, or Christian ministry is preferred.
• This role is accountable to the Lead Pastor and, by extension, the Sanctuary Elder Board.
• $20,000 a year (part time/20 hours a week)
• Two weeks of vacation (gone two Sundays a year).
• Ministry expenses covered.
• $200 annual personal development allowance.
To Apply: Introduce yourself to