General Statement of Job Function
The Student Enrollment Advisor will contribute to the student experience by providing proactive reenrollment support for students at Denver Seminary from their first semester through graduation. This position will keep students on track with their degree plan, assist them in registering for the appropriate courses, provide academic advising and degree mapping, maintain the student record and program information, troubleshoot any issues that may inhibit reenrollment, and serve as a conduit to the Student Success and Care teams at the seminary. This position will also provide key feedback regarding the student reenrollment cycle, including any roadblocks in place that might keep the seminary from experiencing the highest number of returning students each semester. This position is a relational, customer-service oriented role that seeks to anticipate and meet student reenrollment needs.
- Provide academic advising through proactive and timely reenrollment communication and support, beginning in the student’s first semester.
- Continuously monitor students’ academic progress by updating and maintaining degree audits, documenting all advising communication, including any exceptions to published program requirements or policies, advising in course selection, and tracking the adherence to the degree plan in order to assist the student in accomplishing their academic and vocational goals.
- Proactively support students who may experience roadblocks to reenrollment in an attempt to keep them in the seminary community.
- Act as a conduit for questions regarding Student Success and Student Care, guiding students to the appropriate person to meet their needs throughout the seminary.
- Develop and maintain degree paths and related advising tools for students.
- Maintain the student record and any changes to the student’s program, campus, or student status.
- Advocate for student needs related to course rotation information, schedules and other resource materials to promote student success.
- Collaborate with other departments to connect students with academic, mentoring and/or internship resources in order to help them achieve their academic goals.
- Actively monitor international student’s academic progress, report registration to SEVIS and serve as an official designated school official (DSO).
- Work directly with the admissions counselors to provide a smooth handoff for first semester students.
- Maintain the records and systems related to student enrollment with discretion and accuracy in accordance with internal policies and external regulation.
- Utilize technology to improve the quality of service to students and other constituencies and to present clear communication regarding academic policies and requirements.
- Assist students with student portal resources and online registration.
- Assist the Director of Enrollment Management with compiling and assessing continuing student reenrollment trends and data.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience in academic advising, higher education administration, customer service and/or project management
- Must be able to work well individually and in team settings, and should possess an outgoing, dynamic and flexible character.
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments.
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith.
- Proficiency with PC, database, research, statistical software and web technologies; ability to learn new technology quickly. Preferred experience with Campus Nexus and Slate.
- Ability to accurately recall and manage a considerable amount of detail.
- A willingness to create long-term relationships with students and assist them from their second semester through graduation
- A desire to go above and beyond in meeting a student’s reenrollment needs
- An attitude of hospitality and generosity toward students and coworkers
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Willingness to work directly alongside the admissions counselors, providing a direct counterpart to the work they do with incoming students
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral—engaging personality
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Discretion and professionalism
- Positive attitude and enjoyment of challenging work
- Servant’s heart and customer focus
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The position of Enrollment Advisor supports this mission by:
- An improvement in student retention and overall student experience
- Proactive reenrollment of vulnerable populations
- A hospitable and centralized first point of contact for current student reenrollment needs and concerns
- A smooth handoff between admissions counselors and the enrollment advisors
- A highly relational continuation of the support counselors provided incoming students
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.