General Statement of Job Function
As an active member of the Student Life team, the Student Life Coordinator executes the critical administrative functions of the team. This position requires skill in administrative detail management and is extensively involved in written and verbal communication within the seminary community and with public constituents on behalf of the Student Life Department.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Student Engagement to implement a cohesive communication strategy which includes the distribution of the weekly Student Life e-newsletter, management of the campus screens, administrative upkeep of the Student Life resources website (sl.densem.edu), and creating and sending of special event mailers for Student Life events and announcements
- Function as the logistics coordinator for student events, accounting for all related administrative details such as room reservations and vendor contacts and participating in the implementation of events.
- Coordinates the Student Life department budget by upkeeping records on spending and completing
- Serve as the primary liaison to third-party organizations, ministries, and businesses whose services can benefit students
- Manage the Student Life email account and the associated job and housing board resources
- Performs administrative responsibilities for the Dean of Students such as file maintenance and document upkeep of Student Life policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ required and a lifestyle consistent with the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments
- Agreement with Denver Seminary’s statement of faith
- Prior experience in an office setting and working on a team
- Developed interpersonal skills. Ability and commitment to discern and maintain confidentiality
- Strong writing skills, editing skills, and proofreading abilities are required
- Experience in website design and maintenance
- Design expertise strongly preferred to ensure brand consistency and compelling aesthetic for Student Life communication
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Administrative skills, such as typing, filing, and experience with standard office equipment is required
- Ability to work within established deadlines and to self-appoint deadlines when necessary
Denver Seminary prepares men and women to engage the needs of the world with the redemptive power of the Gospel and the life-changing truth of Scripture. Through our educational programs and mentoring process, the Seminary challenges students to grow spiritually, intellectually, and professional in order to lead God’s people in the accomplishment of His mission in the world. The Student Life Coordinator supports this mission by the:
- Adequate and appropriate administrative support provided to the Student Life Office that produces a well-organized and student-friendly model for engaging students
- Clear pathways that allow students to access services and resources that are advertised
- Attends and contributes to departmental and institution-wide staff meetings, and supports the Seminary’s overarching strategic framework
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office working conditions including computer usage may require occasional standing, walking, long periods of sitting, climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Denver Seminary is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence in all areas of ministry and operations.
Willingness to support Denver Seminary’s vision, sign the National Association of Evangelicals Faith Statement, and abide by the Seminary’s Community Values and Behavioral Commitments is required.
Please complete our online application form.
Please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.