- Senior Pastor
- World Gospel Church
- Posted: 12/3/2019
- Salary/Range: $70,000-$90,000 +health insurance and retirement benefits, commensurate with education and experience
- Terre Haute, IN
Description:Position Description – Senior Pastor
World Gospel Church 6/17/19
Summary: The Senior Pastor provides oversight for the life of the church by shepherding and preparing Gods people for service and growth in the unity of the faith within the church and with our partners ministering in more than 40 nations of the world.
1. Personal: A life of godliness and character beyond reproach. Acts justly, loves mercy, walks humbly and leads his family according to biblical principles.
2. Educational: A seminary degree with significant emphasis in pastoral care and preaching.
3. Experiential: At least ten years of successful Christian ministry and five years as lead pastor
4. Doctrinal: Evangelical, as defined by the National Association of Evangelicals and in agreement
with the Articles of Faith of World Gospel Church.
1. Model and encourage prayer within the church and with our world partners.
2. Preach and teach with a focus on biblical, expository, exegetical and evangelistic emphasis.
Promote spiritual growth through personal application of biblical principles. Equip members to
participate in teaching and preaching as their gifts permit.
3. Develop and implement a theology of worship and in the planning and conducting of weekly
worship services and in the administration of the sacraments. Serve on the Worship Committee.
4. Work with and mentor the Elders and ministry staff to provide a vision and mission for the
5. Ensure there is a focus on the Great Commission with a personal, community and global
outreach. Serve on the Global Outreach Committee.
6. Provide personal and pre‐marital counseling, the performance of weddings and the conducting
7. Oversee the development and engagement of members in the provision of the life groups,
official committees, pastoral care, visitation, biblical counseling, membership training and crisis
and conflict management.
8. Supervise the development and operation of the ministry and office staff for a positive culture
within the church and the implementation of the church’s vision and mission.
9. Establish productive relations with the community’s ministers and leaders.
1. The Senior Pastor shall:
a. be accountable to the Board of Directors and shall serve as a voting member of the Board
of Directors, the Elder Council and the Deacon Council.
b. meet monthly with the Chairman of the Elders to assist in planning monthly Elders
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume as indicated on church website/pastor search/apply