February 21, 2022 | Dr. Michell Temple
Dr. Michell Temple, assistant professor of Counseling, has a background in a variety of counseling applications, from cross-cultural counseling in eastern Europe to theater education for disabled persons. She joins to share her passion for narrative identity, resilience, and the use of imagination in counseling. This conversation brings Dr. Temple’s extensive academic insight into our experiences of hardship, healing, and encouragement.
They also discuss:
- Disabled people and education in the arts
- Finding your narrative identity in an individualistic culture
- Pathology-based vs strength-based approaches
- Imagination in counseling
- Cross-cultural counseling