Denver Seminary President Dr. Mark Young discusses his new book, The Hope of the Gospel: Theological Education and the Next Evangelicalism. He discusses major historical crises in the evangelical movement, the value of the term “evangelical” in light of current political and cultural associations, and the critical role theological education must play in reshaping and redefining the future evangelical movement. This conversation brings a convicting, thought-provoking, and hopeful message to all Christians during this pivotal moment in history.
They also discuss:
- Coming to grips with the history of the evangelical movement
- The 5 pivotal reactions against the dominant religious expression in evangelical history
- David Bebbington’s 4 pillars of evangelicalism
- The importance of biblicism and its danger when elevated over Christology
- Our misunderstood theology of conversion
- The central and critical role of theological education and seminaries