Denver Seminary’s Washington DC campus brings seminary education to working adults in the Washington DC area. Due to the flexibility of degrees offered—residential, fully online, or a hybrid version—students can stay in their jobs while earning their degrees.
The DC Financial Aid Fund, provides tuition assistance for full-time master’s degree students at Denver Seminary’s Washington DC extension campus, who are committed to pursuing a career of ministry upon graduation. This fund is an extension of the Seminary’s desire to assist working adults fulfill their dreams and callings of receiving a seminary education.
“I want to express a most heartfelt thank you for this scholarship! I would not have been able to attend school without it.”– Scholarship Recipient, 2018-2019
Recipients will be students at the Washington, D.C. campus.
- Recipients will preferably be enrolled full time (a minimum of 6 credit hours for Spring or Fall, or 3 credit hours for summer) toward any master’s degree. Should recipients not be enrolled full time, they will still be eligible to receive this award as follows:
- 25% for 1 or 2 credits
- 50% of the tuition assistance for ½ time enrollment (3 credits)
- 75% for 4 or 5 credits
- 100% for 6 or more credits
- Recipients suggested but not required first semester courses/credits:
- GS500 (2 credits) – Thinking Biblically and Theologically
- TM500 (1 credit) – Introduction to Training and Mentoring
- CH500 (3 credits) – History of the Christian Movement
- Recipients will preferably be a first year student; however, previously enrolled students will also be eligible for scholarship funds, providing the recipients maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average. Both recruitment and retention should be considered.
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need, be in good academic standing as determined by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Recipients must be committed to pursuing a career of ministry upon graduation.
- Scholarship funds may be renewed each year until the recipients graduate, as long as they meet the above criteria and the degree is completed within the time period stated in the catalog.